Mother Of All Contests Framework

Discussion in 'Contests' started by spock1k, Oct 4, 2013.

1. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

The last round ended about a month ago... waiting to find out the winner.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

this contest started almost a year ago... will it ever end???

4. jay4202472000

jay4202472000 Well-Known Member

That it did, but I'll say it has been one of the most fun and thought provoking contests I've been a part of. The title stands true!

5. jensenbay

I enjoyed it very much even though I didn't make to the end.

6. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

Chezzz, I lost a year somewhere down the line. Sorry about the post, I never thought to look at the date.

7. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Ah, so this contest was going on for a year and there is no winner?????

8. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

havent heard from spock yet... dont know results yet

9. C G Memminger

C G Memminger Active Member

I like Sean the Coin Collector's idea, but with a different objective. Show a blown up photo of a small section of a coin, and see if people can identify the coin. Start with an easy one, like: a photo of the "R" in LibeRty from an 1893-S Morgan. Then throw us a knuckleball. Tons of these. Between VAMWorld, the Overton book on busties, Breen's half-cent book, etc........there are tons of obscure oddities.

10. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

here is the problem with the last round. One of the 3 finalists hallingood has been given 2 additional points because I failed to count it. Now Jay and Kasia have me in a bind. Jay is leading and will be the winner unless Kasia last entry turns things on its head. I am waiting for a response from the mint officials and nothing so far.

11. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

Update: we were playing the last round on private chat so I didnt see Halinggoods last entry I will email some of the names not already emailed. Lets see how it goes. I am thinking I will have to set a deadline for a response from the mint failing which I will declare Jay the winner.

I am leaning towards January 31st 2015. Is that okay with the three finalists?

Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4 Round 5 Round 6 Round 7 Round 8 Round 9 Round 10 Round 11 Round 12 Total
    Hallingood 2 2 4 0 5 5 3 0 2 3 0 5 31+2=33
    jay4202472000 2 5 3 5 3 5 3 1 3 2 2 2 36
    kasia 0 2 2 0 0 5 5 1 3 5 2 6 31

12. jay4202472000

Fine with me Spock.

13. Kasia

Spock, I think you should declare Jay the winner. I really don't think that you will be able to get answers from the people I named because it is the Mint and it is Government. It would be a blessed miracle if it did happen. So, please don't feel you have to extend it for me on that. I am happy to have played this and I think Jay has bested me fair and square.

14. jensenbay

What did the mint mess up, anyway?

15. jensenbay

16. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

me thinks spock has pulled a Dak

17. jay4202472000

It ends Jan 31, 2015.

lucyray and Kasia like this.
  18. jay4202472000

Today's the big day! Any verdict yet, Dr. Spock?

19. Kasia

Are you wanting 'YOUR' prize?

20. jay4202472000

I'm not so sure it's mine. I've been on pins and needles for a month now. You two were very formidable opponents. I, for some reason, believe it will go to you or Hallingood. This is probably my only way to get some gold though. Fingers crossed!

21. sodude

sodude Well-Known Member

That was a strange ending. I'm surprised you guys kept up with this so long.

Draft saved Draft deleted