Most of these Penny's Look Fake

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Chris Winkler, Mar 27, 2022.

1. Chris Winkler

Chris Winkler Well-Known Member

Is it me, or are most of the Indian Head Penny's this guy sells not look like copper? All of the Hobo Nickels are newer unmarked copies, and looking at all the coins, the color just does not look right on most. Also 105x 1931-S Buffalso nickels?????

With almost 39,000, who has done business with him?
    https://www.ebay.com/sch/fairviewcoins/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Heavymetal likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Most of these Penny's Look Fake
    No they don't. Just low end coins and poor imaging.

Kasia, Muzyck and Hoky77 like this.
  4. Chris Winkler

While I know the feeling on difficulty to photo coins, what about 105x 1931-S Buffalo nickels. A statistic that is quite questionable.

5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Penny - Singular
    Pennies - Plural

These are Penny's friends...
    Capture+_2022-03-28-05-25-18.png

6. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I don't see anything questionable about the seller. He has 7200 coins listed and sells about 900 coins per month.

7. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

8. ifthevamzarockin

ifthevamzarockin Well-Known Member

9. KBBPLL

KBBPLL Well-Known Member

I have purchased from him. Nothing suspicious in my experience. We had a short email exchange about three years ago and I recall him saying he gets coins "wholesale", presumably buys large lots and doles them out.

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  10. Dave Waterstraat

Dave Waterstraat Well-Known Member

11. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

Don't know about anyone else, but that link takes me to his entire eBay listings. The first two full pages are 97% Mercury dimes. I'm not going to take the time to find the pennies you are referring to.

KBBPLL likes this.
  12. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

13. ifthevamzarockin

ifthevamzarockin Well-Known Member

@Pickin and Grinin "Thanks, I don't buy unless in hand, What do you grade that 21?"

AU details cleaned.

charley likes this.
  14. Dynoking

Dynoking Well-Known Member

Ohh, Penny...

paddyman98 likes this.
  15. Tamaracian

Tamaracian 12+ Yr Member--Supporter

@Pickin and Grinin That is indeed a VAM-1O. BTW, PCGS and NGC don't recognize this VAM; ANACS only has 1 in the POP report @ AU53.

The Linked Peace Dollar from fairviewcoins is NOT BU+ as described in his eBay Listing; it is a heavily cleaned circulated coin that would grade, IMO, GENUINE AU DETAILS CLEANED. My opinion is based upon my having owned several 1921's. I recently sold through Great Collections these two; (I sent them to ANACS because only ANACS would label the VAM-1W that Leroy Van Allen had attributed for me). One graded AU-58 Details Cleaned (had been cleaned a long time ago--not by me), and the other graded a straight AU-58 VAM-1W:

1053021-1.jpg

1053021-2.jpg

1053022-1.jpg
    1053022-2.jpg

Compare the eBay Listed coin with the two above and you should clearly see that the eBay coin is circulated and has been heavily cleaned. @Chris Winkler a quick perusal of some of the other coins Listed by fairviewcoins tells me to be very cautions about these Listings--due your due diligence!

16. Chris Winkler

Thanks for the heads up, though after seeing over 100 Buffalo with exactly the same date and similar wear, the wornout garbage, and the overpriced Peace dollars, i have no desire to do business with him. Actually all the worldly BS by Sleepy-Creepy and the WEF have caused me to want to sell a lot of my less liquid coins and "Be Prepared" as the Boy Scouts taught me.

Draft saved Draft deleted