Most interesting find

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by joseph289, May 5, 2015.

1. joseph289

joseph289 Member

I just wondering what is the most interesting find in coin roll hunting. Like finding a Canadian quarter for example. Just wonder if a coin from across the world got mixed in a roll of ours or a gold coin

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

A member asked this same question a few months ago. They even compiled a list of all the different countries mentioned of coins found coin roll hunting. It was a huge list! If I find the thread I will share it with you.

4. paddyman98

5. joseph289

joseph289 Member

That's pretty cool list

6. paddyman98

I had posted that I found a Dominican Republic Quarter.
    Recently someone claimed they found a gold coin in a roll they purchased. I don't know if it was true or not since they did not post any picture. But foreign coins are common and fun to find!

7. joseph289

joseph289 Member

I hoping to find some when I do some hunting.

paddyman98 likes this.
  8. HunterOhlsen

HunterOhlsen Active Member

I'll post a couple other interesting finds. I don't think they're too out of the ordinary but I'm bored right now.

The first one was also posted in the link above. It's an Iclandic Krone? or whatever they're called.

The other was a proof nickel that I found the first time I ever hunted rolls.

I haven't really found anything else interesting yet, other than a 1942 Newfoundland one cent piece that was in pretty good condition and has some decent tone. 11004436_10204805492270115_1457298255_n.jpg 11015950_10204805491270090_1370770143_n.jpg IMG_20150204_084004.jpg IMG_20150204_084137.jpg

9. joseph289

joseph289 Member

I think a few rolls a time be for me. I can't afford the box of rolls. Maybe one day I be crazy enough to by a box

10. Fish paws

Fish paws Member

Apologies for the terrible pictures, but much of the problem is with the seriously deteriorated state of the coin...the rest is just my horrible photography skills.

I found this Nazi Reichspfennig in my change over the weekend. I thought it was a corroded dime at first, then I noticed the swastika on the obverse.

Any suggestions for cleaning up environmental damage on a base metal coin?

image (1).jpeg

image (2).jpeg

Draft saved Draft deleted