Most Attractive World Banknotes?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by RedSeals, Dec 30, 2012.

1. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

I like to see notes I have used in circulation, the Sonnenbloom note is one I have used

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

What is fascinating about some of Oxenaar's designs is that he managed to leave (in a very subtle way) various personal "traces". :) Such as his own fingerprint, or his girlfriend's rabbit, or names of friends and family. See this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5BlybJGiiU

Christian

4. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Anyone else getting the feeling that most of the notes in this thread really aren't the most attractive world banknotes?

Threadjacked, we've been threadjacked!

5. mackwork

mackwork Caretaker of old coins & currency

"Most attractive" is very subjective. Could be based on engraving, colorful, etc. or a combination of these.

6. mumu

mumu Junior Member

All the nicest notes are some shade of green. Money should be green.

7. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

... and denominated in US dollars, I know. :D

Christian

8. RedSeals

RedSeals New Member

I agree - when I started the thread people starting posting was I would expect - many attractive French printed notes (Banque de France, Indochina, overseas, etc). It seemed to get sidetracked after awhile with common, modern issue notes which weren't very spectacular.

I'll refresh the thread as I don't believe this was posted either, the 1945 100 Livres, commonly argued as the most beautiful banknote:

[​IMG]

9. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

10. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

The Classic -
    [​IMG]

11. petronius

petronius Duke

Again from Africa with some beautiful girls :cool:

1000comore.jpg

1000comore2.jpg

5ghanaD.jpg

1000afrique.jpg

petronius :smile

12. mumu

mumu Junior Member

Well yes US notes are gorgeous but theres a lot of forign notes here that are nice shades of green.

13. ephyfe

ephyfe Member

Banknotegallery, is that a new note coming soon? If not what year is it? I did a search on Polish 500 Zloty and didn't come up with this design. I'd like to find one with AA prefix. Really nice design.

14. ephyfe

ephyfe Member

Super nice redseals. I was looking for it but can't find it. What does something like that go for? Nice!

15. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

As far as I know, Andrzej Heidrich designed it as a future part of the current Polish Rulers series. However, the highest denomination is the 200 złotych note ...

Christian

16. ephyfe

ephyfe Member

I hope it becomes available sometime. It's got some nice color and a nice design. It's got that whole queen thing going on. Gosh I think that's a queen. I have to look around to see if they have set a date for that one.
    I see this in Wikipedia, but maybe they're wrong
    "In 1995, notes (dated 1994) were introduced in denominations of 10 (colloquially called dycha), 20, 50 (two varieties, one of which was issued for collectors), 100 (colloquially called stówa or bańka) and 200 złotych. A few years after redenomination in 1995, the National Bank of Poland wanted to introduce a 500 złotych banknote, but a detailed economic analysis has shown that there is no such need, and the plans were abandoned.[SUP][/SUP]"

17. Dave M

Dave M Francophiliac

Easily $20K USD or more in decent condition. And like you say, you can't find them.

Here another note from Lebanon, a bit more available:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dave

18. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

1882 - $4 Dominion of Canada
    qq1aa.jpg

1902 - $4 Dominion of Canada
    1902 -$4 a.jpg

Attached Files:

19. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

sorry about that => I seem to be having a techno-amish morning!!

20. petronius

petronius Duke

2,000 lei, Romania, 1944

2000lei1944D.jpg

2000lei1944R.jpg

petronius :smile

21. Kip

Kip Member

Four of my favorites.

photo (1).jpg
    Top: Burundi
    Bottom: Yemen