Morgans sold out in 25 minutes...

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by mrweaseluv, May 24, 2021.

1. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Too bad you didn’t get two CCs. We could have traded.

MaryK likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

Maybe you can use the extra to trade with someone?

MaryK likes this.
  4. MaryK

MaryK Member

I hope so!

5. CoinTech

CoinTech Member

I think the mint needs to appreciate its long term members and give us a chance to buy at least one or two of these special coins before they sell it to the greedy public just out there trying to get them to sell on ebay for 3 to 4 times its normal price. I have been ordering from the mint since the 70's and yet it seems like they dont appreciate it.

6. buzzard

buzzard Active Member

Money in the bank, Its called capitalism

7. AustinJ0324

AustinJ0324 Well-Known Member

I took my lunch break right before noon today so I could be on the site and ready to go. Had them in my cart at 12:00:01 and got the same error messages as everyone else at checkout. Shame on the mint for blocking IPs if true. They should make these available to regular collectors and not the greedy flippers

MaryK likes this.
  8. Santinidollar

They don’t.

Two Dogs, MaryK and MIGuy like this.
  9. MIGuy

MIGuy Supporter! Supporter

I just got through now, no issues, bought 10! [narrator - he was lying his butt off, he got none]

KevinS, MaryK and jwitten like this.
  10. buzzard

buzzard Active Member

I just got lucky this time its just like playing the slot machine

MaryK likes this.
  11. buzzard

buzzard Active Member

Took me 10 times but seem to work better on the App on my Iphone

12. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

One of my orders has moved to "backorder" status. Another still says pending. Any idea what the difference is?

13. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

If you get an error message after clicking final order confirmation you can't give up. You just have to go back through and keep trying. They may only last for 10 minutes or they may last for two hours because everyone else is having the same problems. I don't know how it works but I'm leaning towards buzzard's opinion. It's just a slot machine and your click gets through one time at the right time and an order goes through. Even if you can't get the confirmation page to load. I watched them sell out at 11:23 while I was still trying and ended up getting a confirmation e-mail sent to me at 5:30 p.m. One of my attempts got through even though it didn't show up at the time. I've never had this happen before and I was not able to pick up a V75 when they came out, over a 45 minute time span.

Was just happy to not be looking for boats and bicycles in the grid this time. Now I easily got to the end but just couldn't get the confirmation page to pop up.

-jeffB and baseball21 like this.
  14. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Exactly. Its just persistence and a little bit of luck to happen to click at the right time. Just click as fast as you can as long as you can and hope one gets through

15. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

That worked this time... but in the very recent past, that got you banned by the site. Made you appear as a "bot". I'm glad it worked this time!

John Burgess and MIGuy like this.
  16. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Everyone will probably forget this but if you did it by staying on the one page and opening new tabs or windows everytime you didn't get banned or I got lucky because it definitely took me over a 100 tries for the V75

17. robec

robec Junior Member

Both of my orders say Backorder.

KevinS and jwitten like this.
  18. Santinidollar

Mine says back order, also.

KevinS likes this.
  19. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

I think they are all gonna say backorder because it's a pre-order and they don't ship until october so they aren't going to let everyone sit on pending or processing on their order system I don't think.

I think the only real option is to put everyone in backorder limbo to hold their orders in line.

20. MaryK

MaryK Member

I received a confirmation from the mint last night at 8:30PM. Only one order went through. I had two other orders that were in process with the little timer spinning before the page went to a gateway error message. Very frustrating. Wish my initial order of one each would have been the one that got confirmed. Instead I'm getting two type "O" and happy to get them. Hopefully I can trade one of my "O"'s for a "CC".

21. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Took me nearly 20 minutes to score the 'O'. Had the same troubles as all of you reported. In the process of ordering I said to myself that it's no big deal if I don't get one. That's when I got an order confirmation. Well, I got one, I said to myself.

I went back in and tried for the 'CC' and surprisingly I had little to no problem ordering that one. Went through almost flawlessly.

Sorry to you folks who didn't 'score'........it's a frustrating process to go through, and coming up empty handed only adds to the confounding nature of an experience with the US Mint.

Idoono, -jeffB and MaryK like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted