Morgan Silver Dollar with no date

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by herkfsu, Oct 19, 2010.

1. herkfsu

herkfsu New Member

I was going through some old coins we have and I found a morgan silver dollar with no date on it.

picture004zv.jpg

Nothing is faded and it is .999 silver. Can someone help me find out what this is? Thank you.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

I can tell you it's not a Morgan dollar as Morgans are .900 fine, not .999. Probably a token of some sort... pic of the reverse?

4. herkfsu

herkfsu New Member

ah ok. hold on, ill take one

5. herkfsu

herkfsu New Member

6. USMoneylover

USMoneylover Active Member

7. herkfsu

herkfsu New Member

similar, but not exactly the same front and very different back.

8. USMoneylover

USMoneylover Active Member

if it says 1 troy ounce of .999 silver on the back it is a bullion round....as for rarity or value above silver melt value, i can't help you:D

9. herkfsu

herkfsu New Member

Thanks. Yeah, at least its worth $2x right now. Seems like it would be worth a little more. I just cant figure out what it is.

10. zekeguzz

zekeguzz lmc freak

Unless you post better pics I don't see how anyone can tell you anything. sorry.

11. herkfsu

herkfsu New Member

Unfortunately that's the best pics I can post. I was at my parents house when I found it and took a quick picture with their web cam. If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it.

12. socaldsal

socaldsal New Member

Does it say 1 T oz. .999 Fine silver near the eagle on the reverse?

Anything along those lines makes it bullion. I've seen tons of private mint rounds that are modeled after Morgan dollars.

13. herkfsu

herkfsu New Member

yeah it does.

14. socaldsal

socaldsal New Member

You've probably got the same kind I've got then. Search up the current spot price for silver and you've got the value of it. FWIW I got mine for $8. Sold just for silver it's now $20. Either way it's something nice that you should hang on to, it's a good find!

15. rotobeast

rotobeast Old Newbie

16. Stormiweather

Stormiweather New Member

I have a coin in which is a Morgan silver dollar that's 1 Troy ounce, .999 fine silver and has with a scale on the back and absolutely no date just a really small gap in between the stars around it.

17. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Then like the other guy from seven years ago, you have a one oz silver round worth somewhere close to the spot price which right now is about $17.60 It is not a silver dollar.

18. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

not a coin, private minting

19. Fuzzybub

Fuzzybub New Member

20. Wordhasgame

Wordhasgame New Member

Can I show a picture of mine? No date or any writing on coin except liberty in front head

21. Wordhasgame

Wordhasgame New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted