Morgan Dollars Simply Aren’t Worth Much Anymore

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Ana Silverbell, May 14, 2021.

1. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Morgans for a couple off bucks? Talk about a lowball set!

YoloBagels likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Whoever wrote that article doesn’t have a clue, about Morgan’s, coins or life itself. A couple of dollars. Sign me up. I’ll buy as many as you can produce. Same goes for the Peace Dollars. I’ll be generous, any silver dollar dated 1935 and before is fine at a couple of dollars each. It’s not that I’m greedy, I’m just a collector who’s willing to take those large annoying coins for your convenience.

-jeffB and YoloBagels like this.
  4. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

The question may be rhetorical, I don't know about that, but when they're coming on here indulging in those fantasies, it's something we all have to deal with, in one way or another.

Kentucky likes this.
  5. YoloBagels

YoloBagels Well-Known Member

I was thinking more in the context of affordability than availability, especially towards novice collectors; but you are right on that. It is much more available than series such as draped bust 1/2 dimes and EAC varieties.

6. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Even with affordability while long it is more affordable over time than some of the others. For example even in G a 1870 S seated dollar will cost you basically 6 figures or like a 1878 S seated half thats 5 figures in any grade. Morgans are long which makes it expensive over all, but they're doable without show stopper coins like that where people just cant afford that one unless they're rich

YoloBagels likes this.
  7. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Please explain more opo_Olarge silver dollars are one of my favorite and the market for them has always been hot. 20210515_194152.jpg 20210515_194210.jpg

Ana Silverbell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted