WTS: Morgan Dollars, Junk Silver, Cool Holders, Silver Proof Sets

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by SilverMike, Oct 5, 2021.

1. SilverMike

SilverMike Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone -
    Continuing to thin stuff out...I have an eclectic mix of silver to offer up today:

Lot 1: 2 rolls of 90% junk quarters, mixed dates - $400 for both rolls [price decreased since previous listing] (so, $200 per roll - cheaper than the online bullion dealer sites I checked this morning); I will cover the shipping to you via priority mail. I'd like to sell these together to minimize the shipping cost.

Lot 2: 3 silver coins (1913P dime, 1944P dime, 1945S nickel) in new black Capital Plastics Holders ($20 and I'll cover the shipping):

2 Dimes and Nickel Lot.jpg

Lot 3: A small date and a large date 1960 proof set WITH a black Capital Plastics Holder (let me know if you want me to put the coins in the holder or if you would rather do it - I can send them either way) -$58 shipped to you.

Lot 4: An 1880S VAM-11 Morgan Dollar in a Tidy House holder (PRICE: $169 and I'll pay for shipping):
    Own a cool piece of history! In 1966, the Tidy House Company (who made cleaning supplies like laundry soap and detergent) had a promotion where people could send proof of purchase of a Tidy House product and buy an uncirculated Morgan dollar for only $2.45! If they bought ten, the price was only $2.19 each! Can you imagine such a promotion today?

As noted in the ad, all the dollars in this promotion were minted in San Francisco before 1883. This is important to note, as many of these holders I have seen for sale do not have dollars of these dates/mint, meaning they have been switched out at some point.

I acquired several of these at an estate sale from the family of the original owner, a gentleman who lived in Kansas. His family found these in his safe. He folded up one of the original ads with the details about the offer and price, so I made a color copy of it to include with your coin (There was only 1 ad, but 5 coins, so I can't include the original with every coin). This is just a beautiful coin.

80S VAM11 Tidy House Obv.jpg

80S VAM11 Tidy House Rev.jpg
    tidy house ad.jpg
    Lot 5: An 1881S Morgan in a Tidy House Holder (PRICE: $149, I'll cover shipping)- same as the one above, you will also get a color copy of the original ad to purchase these:

81S Tidy Holder Obv.jpg

81S Tidy Holder Rev.jpg

Finally:
    Silver Proof Sets (price listed is per set, for most years I have multiples if you want more than one, and I'm happy to entertain reasonable offers if you want to put together your own lot):
    1961: $26
    1962: $26
    1963: $26
    1964: $27
    1992: $21
    1993: $23
    1994: $23
    1995: $36
    1998: $21
    2000: $35
    2001: $35
    2002: $35
    2003: $35
    2004: $35
    2005: $35
    2006: $35
    2009: $57
    2010: $52

If you buy one proof set: Let's split the shipping cost, so you pay $2 to ship and I'll cover the rest.
    If you buy more than one proof set: I'll cover the entire shipping cost.

If you want pictures of any of these items just let me know.

TERMS OF THE BOARD OFFERINGS: Payment by check, money order (those must clear prior to shipping) or PayPal FF.

Thanks for looking - Mike

expat and -jeffB like this.