Morgan - cleaned? Worth having graded?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Garlicus, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

Picked this up cheap a few years ago. In a fake grading holder. More shine than appears in the pics. Opinions? image.jpg image.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Shine is for shoes. Luster is for coins.

This looks like it has been improperly cleaned. The scratches on the obverse and the diagonal one on the eagle's breast are a definite turn-off........AU Details.

Chris

Seattlite86 likes this.
  4. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

For this coin, the term 'shine' applies, lol.

Thank you for the feedback.

5. throwbackid

throwbackid Well-Known Member

Def improperly cleaned save your grading money and buy something cool, that's my opinion

6. MAKECENTS

MAKECENTS Active Member

In my opinion I would not have this graded, it has been heavily cleaned so the price of slabbing would certainly be more than the value of the coin, I know its tempting to buy any coin at a cheap price especially when you have not completley learned a series and what a natural coin looks like, but in most cases as it was when I started collecting Morgans I would buy cheap coins at pawn shops and flea markets which I almost always ended up losing money on or did not wish to keep and could not resell. Buy the red book for Morgan dollars and study it, it will be a better investment than slabbing this coin in my opinionbut if you love the coin its ultimately your decision

Garlicus likes this.
  7. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

I would grade that coin $35. Definitely not worth having graded.

Garlicus likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted