Morgan album 1 completed. Yesssss

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Stile, Jun 11, 2022.

1. Stile

Stile Member

Got the 85CC in the mail today completing the 1st morgan album. Now I can fully focus on the second album. Now I’m just waiting for the fake 85 cc from amazon to put in the folder.
    C6900405-DB36-44D7-8EE3-21C95218DE70.jpeg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Abramthegreat

Abramthegreat Well-Known Member

Congrats! Fun set! :)

Stile likes this.
  4. tibor

tibor Supporter! Supporter

Quite an accomplishment!! My Bk.1 Dansco still has 6 open spaces.

Stile and spirityoda like this.
  5. Stile

Stile Member

I think I’m gonna focus on the commons on book 2. Find one per paycheck. At 40 or under not too big a hit.

Inspector43 likes this.
  6. Millard

Millard Coindog

Congratulations! Nice score. I still need 7 of the CC's and the first book is complete. And 8 coins for the 2nd book.

Inspector43 and Stile like this.
  7. Dave Waterstraat

Dave Waterstraat Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Quite the accomplishment indeed...:)

8. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Awesome score. Congrats on the completion. That's a very nice set you've got there.

Inspector43 likes this.
  9. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

Why not take a photo of the 1885-CC, cut it out in the round shape and put that in the album? I don't like giving those who make fake coins anything.

As for the 1885-CC, I know why you bought a Mint State piece. Finding circulated examples is almost impossible, and when you do find them, they cost almost as much as the Mint State pieces. I had that problem when I had a want list customer who wanted to collect is Morgan Dollar set in the circulated grades.

10. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

Nice work a very fun set. I have all in the first book and all but the 3 impossible coins in the second. Mine are mostly working grade and I don't have any slabbed coins of any denomination.

Stile likes this.
  11. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

For what it is worth here is my 85 CC.
    85 CC.jpg

Stile and Millard like this.
  12. dlts

dlts Well-Known Member

Inspector43 likes this.
  13. whopper64

whopper64 Well-Known Member

Beautiful collection, congrats!

14. Skyman

Skyman Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!!

Stile likes this.
  15. Stile

Stile Member

Already scoping out auctions for commons.

16. Tamaracian

Tamaracian 12+ Yr Member--Supporter

Congratulations @Stile, that is quite an accomplishment, and I'm sure you have a big smile on your face and a really good feeling of relief.

17. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

18. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

19. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

So many mint marks. Must of drove you nuts roll searching for those. Lol. Do you think this second book might easier?? Yours are all pretty. Looks like a real real collectors (joe the plumber) collection. Time to move on

Last edited: Jun 15, 2022
  20. Stile

Stile Member

Second books gonna be slow. I start paying for daughters nursing school in September. Gonna pay cash per semester no loans so I’m gonna be broke for 3 years. Lol. That’s why I’m working on commons for a few years for book two. One a paycheck.

Cheech9712 and Inspector43 like this.
  21. ewomack

ewomack 魚の下着

Wow - lotza Morgans there. That's a nice collection that was probably loads of fun to put together. I haven't put things in albums for a long time. There's something truly satisfying about filling those holes.

All I have to compete with that is a lone 1881-S NGC MS 65. I know, I lose...
    1881MorganObv.png 1881MorganRev.png

Draft saved Draft deleted