more wheat rolls from the bank

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by silver surfer, Aug 8, 2008.

1. silver surfer

silver surfer Senior Member

I returned to my local B of A branch yesterday and bought another $5 in cents,6 of the ten rolls were solid wheats.
    the better finds included 27,28,35s,37,18 and a 1912.
    It seems like the public is cashing in some long dormant change collections.
    good hunting:hail:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

So what's a silver surfer doing searching copper? :D But I remember when I used to search bank rolls quite regularly. It's just like with a lot of things in life, really. Sometimes you just find yourself in the right place at the right time! :thumb:

4. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

you can say that again. :thumb:

5. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

Great find! I may have to visit my local BofA and see if I'm as lucky.
    Guy~

6. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

Congrats! I wish I could have that kind of luck. Back in about 1995 I had one friend at work lose a bet for $10 to another friend. To get cute he went out and bought $10 worth of pennies - without looking dumped them into a paper bag. Dropped the bag on Doogies(his nickname) desk and said there is your $10. There was at least $3 to $4 worth of IHC in the bag. That was cool! I never get anything that good.

7. silver surfer

silver surfer Senior Member

Lol good point,getting pretty hooked on the wheaty search, but just to live up to the moniker i did buy three 08 silver eagles today(since silver was down 90c).
    I'm at the point where finding an old wheat cent worth say 35 cents is more exciting than purchasing a Morgan or a gold coin .
    Of course finding silver for face value is the real rush and i've had some luck this year with both cents and Half dollars.
    Also to be honest my coin budget is fairly tight right now and searching rolls is
    really just a cheap way for me to keep my interest in the hobby strong.
    Bank roll searching,friends/relative change collections and lurking around the coin star machine. I call it low end coin collecting.

8. bizzybill2000

bizzybill2000 Senior Member

Nice find, I believe you will find more as people have to dig deep to buy gas and pay bills. As a roll searcher for a long time, I have found that lately there are more coustomer rolled coins at the banks now. One teller said that she had not seen this much change cashed in for a long time. Wheat cents and 40% silver halves are common now, so keep looking and good luck. :)
    BILL

Draft saved Draft deleted