More finds

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Brian Ochaba, Nov 26, 2020.

1. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

I understand you're new at this but do not feel you're wasting my time. I'm sure many other members feel the same way. If you want to learn buy a copy of the Redbook (and read it). The official title is "A Guide Book of United States Coins" by R. S. Yeoman; Whitman Publishing. If you want to learn about error coins look through this site: http://www.error-ref.com/ :)

Oldhoopster likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. MeowtheKitty

MeowtheKitty Well-Known Member

Meow uses a relativity inexpensive USB camera. And by using a light source at different angles, one can highlight the particular characteristic that one wants to showcase. Works pretty good for Meow. And with that same USB camera plugged in to Meow's CatLapTop, Meow can find prey in the coin roll hunt.

4. MeowtheKitty

MeowtheKitty Well-Known Member

Maybe true, but where we all not in the know at one time. Meow might have been just like this two and a half years ago. AND, those books put all kinds of wack ideas in ones head. As now EVERY coin looks like a Doubled die or RPM with some half baked "knowledge" Well, at least thats how it started out for Meow. The interactive feedback one can get here is greater than any book can provide. That is Meow's experience of this site. Just had to overcome some feline hate at first, but it has been invaluable to dive deeper into the hobby of numismatics.

Draft saved Draft deleted