More $2 goodies from the BEP

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by johnny2dollar, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Interesting list of what's included in this set.... The Series 2009 New York and San Francisco notes are presumably from the circulation printings, as were their counterparts in the '2014' and '2013' sets. But a Series 2013 Dallas $2 with a 2015xxxx serial isn't from any printing we've seen so far; the circulation printing for that district ended with K19200000A.

So there are basically two possibilities here: either the BEP has printed more $2's for circulation, which will appear in the May or June production reports, or else the Dallas note in the set is a special printing for the set. Since the note in the pictured set shows a K..A serial, I tend to suspect the former, but I guess we won't know for sure until the production reports appear.

If in fact all three notes in the set are pulled from the ordinary circulation printings, the price of the set seems a bit difficult to justify. It's hard to believe that three $2 notes from perfectly common blocks/runs are going to be worth any premium over the $6 face value in the forseeable future--let alone ten times the face value!

The past years' annual Deuce sets have always contained at least one note from a block not issued for circulation. If the '2015' set doesn't, it'll be interesting to see whether any significant number of people still buy it....

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. johnny2dollar

johnny2dollar Collector of BEP $2 notes

It seems like special BEP runs if note aren't happening anymore. I agree that it is hard to justify that price for what is simply a circulation note. It would be nice if at least one of the notes is special.

I'm sure we'll see one more $2 set this year. Probably something like the Single Note sets. I like these sets, but I would really like to see something very special come out of the BEP.

4. johnny2dollar

I got my order in. Took a while, but I was able to complete the order around 8:20

5. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

The 2015 $2 Triple Deuce set is SOLD OUT.

johnny2dollar likes this.
  6. johnny2dollar

I got my set today. Looks nice

7. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

What serials did you get?

8. johnny2dollar

20155835. I only ordered the one set.

What serials did others get?

9. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

While the serial numbers were ordinary on this set, 20157199, the centering is exceptionally well done....GEM quality.

johnny2dollar likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted