More $2 goodies from the BEP

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by johnny2dollar, Jun 20, 2013.

1. wishingman42

wishingman42 Member

I will try to get one of those sets. Probably be way higher than it should be.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. DM1

DM1 Active Member

$54.95! The Double Deuce set last year was about $35, if I'm not mistaken. It'll probably sell out quickly anyway. I guess they're not doing a Founding Fathers set this year.

4. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

They might be--this Triple Deuce Set doesn't contain a 2003A $2 I..D note, and the printing that produced the 2011, 2012, and 2013 notes in that block should have produced some 2014 notes as well. So we're still expecting *some* other $2 product this year.

Those 2003A $2 I..D and J..D printings appear to have ended at 20143999, so if the BEP does anything for 2015, it probably won't be 2003A $2's. But the 2009 $2 B..A and L..A notes in these sets were pulled from the circulation printings of that series, so we have no way of knowing how many the BEP held on to; theoretically they could have saved all the serials up to 2020xxxx or beyond....

johnny2dollar likes this.
  5. johnny2dollar

johnny2dollar Collector of BEP $2 notes

The Minneapolis note was used in both the 2012 & 2013 Founding Fathers sets. Since that note is missing from the Triple Deuce set, it seems likely they may do a 2014 FF set.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

6. DM1

DM1 Active Member

Yep, you guys caught the missing "I" note, I missed that. They haven't issued those singly, at least I don't think so, so maybe they will issue an AFF set after all.
    Since they're doing 3 deuces, they should have saved serials starting with "389" and called it the" Little GTO" set:)

7. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

All of the modern stuff like this that I bought I just kept in the safe....
    Perhaps when my son is much older it may have some value..

The $20 Star Uncut Sheet is about the better of them all thus far.

RickieB

8. Troodon

Troodon Coin Collector

Oh, I'm plenty interested in $2 bills; I just don't care about the little cards they put them into lol... I think the BEP has way too many silly gimmicks going on and I just collect currency, by itself, from the secondary market. I don't like all the gimmicky packaging the BEP keeps trying to put bills into. I bought an uncut sheet from them and that's likely the only thing I'll ever buy directly from the BEP.

9. wishingman42

wishingman42 Member

I got 2 sets. Took 10 minutes to get my order finished.

10. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Got mine ordered at 7:55....logged on early and kept refreshing the page until I was able to add it to my cart.

11. DM1

DM1 Active Member

I can't get my order through, been trying since 8:00 !

12. DM1

DM1 Active Member

Finally got my order through at 8:42! I kept getting "invalid credit card#" using almost every card I have. A phrase comes to mind. It begins with the word "cluster" :depressed:

13. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  14. wishingman42

wishingman42 Member

I decided to get 2 more sets. Got second order at 7:57 cst

15. johnny2dollar

Took me 45 minutes to finally get my order in

16. wishingman42

wishingman42 Member

I see they sold out already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. johnny2dollar

Glad I didn't wait

18. DM1

DM1 Active Member

The moral of the story is that we all did the right thing by jumping on it as soon as we could, everything sells out quickly these days. I almost gave up yesterday though.
    I just went on the BEP site, It looks to me like they still have some. I was able to put one in the cart.

19. DM1

DM1 Active Member

The 2015 triple deuce set comes out next Tuesday, just a heads-up for those who are interested.

"The Bureau of Engraving and Printing proudly presents the “2015 Triple Deuce Currency Set.” The first day of sale is Tuesday, June 16 at 8:00 a.m. Eastern Time. This set features three $2 Federal Reserve notes: one Series 2009 $2 note from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, one Series 2009 $2 note from the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, and one Series 2013 $2 note from the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas. All three notes in this set contain matching serial numbers beginning with “2015.” This set is attractively packaged in a four-panel presentation folder with each note protected by a clear acid-free polymer sleeve."

20. wishingman42

wishingman42 Member

Thanks, I will pick one up!

21. johnny2dollar

I'll be adding one of these to my collection

Draft saved Draft deleted