Moon landing

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Hiddendragon, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

I'm a space exploration buff and I was curious if any countries other than the U.S. have made any coins this year to celebrate the anniversary of the moon landing? I'm not a big fan of the U.S. coin because it seems kind of gimmicky. Anything else available that's not tacky or garish?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. LakeEffect

LakeEffect Average Circulated Supporter

4. TuckHard

TuckHard Well-Known Member

Ah there are dozens of moon landing coins. Check this Numista search for a lot of them.

Seattlite86 likes this.
  5. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

There's tons. Australia has a bunch, a 5c, a $1, $5 commemoratives that were silver with nickel plating and probably in gold as well. Portugal did a set with the US mint as just some off the top of my head for this year.

6. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

France, Switzerland, Australia, Canada, Austria, South Africa, Cook Islands are the ones I’ve seen this year. I know I’ve seen more but can’t remember which ones. Probably another 5-6 countries.

7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

A private Mint had done some. I only want the US version, which I ordered, as it was the US that went there.

8. Hiddendragon

I agree with your reasoning but I didn't really care for the coin. Maybe I'd like it more if I saw it in person but I don't like the fact that it's not flat, for one thing.

9. Hiddendragon

I'll have to look into these suggestions. Thanks.

10. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

This was a world event like no other. The world was rightly proud of what mankind had done.

Hiddendragon likes this.
  11. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

The US went. The world celebrated.

Draft saved Draft deleted