Monthly Publication or Website with FRN Prices

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by kanga, Feb 7, 2016.

1. kanga

kanga 65 Year Collector

I'm still working on my small-size $1 US currency.
    Problem is that I have no recent pricing guide.
    All I have is Azpiazu's and Schwartz/Lindquist's books and they're 5+ years old.
    I need something reasonably current that includes $1 FRN's.

Anything out there?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Bank Note Reporter is a monthly magazine I subscribe to, and it has prices, but they are very generic and lack detail. Pricing guides are just that, guides. Like anything else, paper currency has trends with ups and downs. For the best pricing information, which is easy to access online, always check past auction results from the major auction houses. This will give you a better look at recent sales and prices.

Timewarp and rickmp like this.
  4. kanga

kanga 65 Year Collector

Problem with auction houses is that they aren't dealing with the inexpensive material that I'm looking for.

I saw Bank Note Reporter but I suspect it's too broad in coverage.

And CDN's currency guide doesn't cover the inexpensive material either.

5. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

I too am a long-time Bank Note Reporter subscriber and it's quite helpful. My ongoing complaint is the lack of Friedberg numbers for most of the modern FRNs, so it makes it difficult to search using an Fr. number. Otherwise it's a good starting point for valuations. One has to really search eBay, eBid and auction house results. Remember to look for SOLD items. Regarding auction house results, when checking the sold price check to see if the Buyer Premium is included in the amount.

6. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I don't know where to find as much inexpensive paper currency as you'll find on eBay. They are the king of low dollar, cheap finds in my book. You can search the sold listings in eBay and find just about everything.

7. Timewarp

Timewarp Intrepid Traveler

Go to the PMG website and look in Resource-Population Report. You'll find your FR Numbers there. You'll have to sign up, but it's free.

Draft saved Draft deleted