Monster Peace Dollar (Guess Final Sale Price)

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Endeavor, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

I like the strike on your 24, but, without studying. the strikes. I would think it is one of the last from early dies. The metal flow seems to heavy, combined with the slight areas of a weaker strike.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mynamespat

mynamespat Well-Known Member

$926 hammer- not including shipping

Endeavor likes this.
  4. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Ouch! But thanks for your restraint, we appreciate it.

mikenoodle and Skyman like this.
  5. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

Sold for a lot more than many said at $926. Many said it wasn't a monster but it fetched monster price.

6. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

I have seen fake 16-D Mercury dimes sell for hundreds of dollars... it doesn't make them real.

Coinchemistry 2012 likes this.
  7. mynamespat

mynamespat Well-Known Member

No, that's about right for ebay on the weekend... I think those folks didn't answer the question correctly- they stated how much they would pay for the coin. I would expect a monster 1928 (nicely toned/upper range of grade) to go for at least 1100. $926 is conveniently right about the coins fair market value + ebay's 10%.

8. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

It wasn't a monster. It was a nice example of a key date, and actually sold within the normal range for that date. I would call a "monster" coin of that date a MS 65 or 66, and those are very uncommon.

9. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Yeah, we can call that the "Stupid Tax."

10. Skyman

Skyman Well-Known Member

I hate to keep hitting this thread with the facts, BUT...

$932 (shipping included).

PCGS price guide is $1,100.

NGC price guide is $1,525 (that must be because they don't overgrade like PCGS does, cough, cough...).

So, as I said at the very first post to this thread... a low end for the grade MS64 coin. NOTHING NEAR a Monster (or a Monster price). With all due respect, if this WAS a Monster MS64 (because of toning let's say), this sucker would have EASILY run you $2,500.

Coinchemistry 2012 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted