Modern Cent DDR Finds

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by NathanD, Mar 8, 2020.

1. NathanD

NathanD Cherrypicker

I just finished my second box of cents of the year, and I found many DDRs in the 2000's and late 1990's. These are some examples of my finds. The doubling shows as parts of extra columns to either the left or right of Lincoln.

Attached Files:

Spark1951 and Leif Erik Johansen like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GenX Enthusiast

GenX Enthusiast Forensic grammatician

Pretty sure that's the design of the coin, and that the doubled column ddr on the 1994 LMC is in the last bay on the right. Here it is on lincolncentresource.com. You can see on the same example the interior columns you're referring to as doubling.

http://www.lincolncentresource.com/doubledies/1994ddo1.html

4. NathanD

NathanD Cherrypicker

I literally go off of Wexler's sight. For example, the picture I'm attaching to this message is listed as WDDR-027 for 2006. Here's the link to the listing- http://doubleddie.com/731934.html scroll down to #027

Attached Files:

Kevin Mader likes this.
  5. GenX Enthusiast

I can't tell from your picture, but you appear to have a cud next to lincoln, but the ddr Wexler is talking about refers to an extra knee, not extra columns. You may have that, but your columns are normal;)

6. NathanD

NathanD Cherrypicker

did you read the description?! "Doubling shows on the central right side of the 6th column to the left of the upper statue."

Spark1951 likes this.
  7. GenX Enthusiast

Didn't see there were 9000 ddrs for the year, apologies. One of yours looks like the ddr27 for sure, congrats.

Spark1951 likes this.
  8. NathanD

NathanD Cherrypicker

And that's a solid picture

9. NathanD

NathanD Cherrypicker

oh ok, thanks

10. GenX Enthusiast

Hard to see the relief, beside, I was looking at the first ddr and didn't know what to look at in your image. What others do you have beside the 27?

11. NathanD

NathanD Cherrypicker

2005 DDR-033, 2004 DDR-063, 2000 DDR-008, 2002 DDR-UNL, 1998 DDR-007, 2007 DDR-UNL, 2001 DDR-039, 1999 DDR-007, 2002 DDR-017, 2001 DDR- UNL, 2001 DDR-UNL, 2001 DDR-UNL, 2003 DDR-012, 2004 DDR-UNL, 2001 DDR-033, 2006 DDR-UNL, 2006 DDR-023, 2009 DDR-001 (FS803). UNL means either unlisted or I haven't looked yet. Some are also listings on Variety Vista

12. GenX Enthusiast

Wow, that's a massive list. Are you going to get some attributed? I'm guessing ANACS is the only place to do so...

13. NathanD

NathanD Cherrypicker

Eh, I don't know. You can send them to Wexler, but I don't really care that much. It's not like they are major errors. I do however have a questionable 2006 ddo that I'm stuck on. It almost looks like a new doubled ear listing, but idk

14. GenX Enthusiast

The 2006 ear is the only ddo I've ever found... let's see. Do you have a photo of yours? Mine aren't great.

SingleShot0086.jpg SingleShot0072.jpg

15. NathanD

NathanD Cherrypicker

yeah, there are a couple doubled earlobe listings for 2006, but mine is much less cool- lol. mine is similar to the 2019 d but with spread to the east

Attached Files:

16. NathanD

NathanD Cherrypicker

the photo really doesnt do it justice

17. NathanD

NathanD Cherrypicker

also, if you ever want to sell that one, let me know

18. GenX Enthusiast

I think both of us need to find the '84, ours are very minor;)

19. NathanD

NathanD Cherrypicker

I actually bought one- I dont think I'll be finding anything that extreme. Most of the rolls I get are already searched, so I have to settle for the minor stuff. The best I've found are 98 and 2000 WAMs

GenX Enthusiast and Spark1951 like this.
  20. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

Nathan, Nice! Do you have an ballpark value for these minor, but verified, Doubled Die Lincolns?...I found one about 2 months ago but it had been improperly cleaned...Spark

21. NathanD

NathanD Cherrypicker

It all depends on the severity of the doubling. The less noticeable, the less valuable. Also with these newer coins, the values aren't concrete enough to pin. But usually these ddrs range anywhere from $2 to $10, depending on severity and condition. An improperly cleaned one is probably in the $1.50 to $3 range.

Spark1951 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted