Mintproducts.com legitimacy?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Augustine1992, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Augustine1992

Augustine1992 Member

I honestly had no clue where to post this so its here in the coin chat forum. Anyway, I was refereed to mintproducts.com by a coin talk member a LONNGG time ago, and I dont remember who but I was told I could get Silver Eagles close to spot there. Well I ordered 1 2012 Silver Eagle, an El Yunque quarter, American Samoa Quarter, a Franklin Pierce presidential dollar, and two velvet gift boxes with airtites. This was about 5 days ago. All I've heard from them is an email saying my order is being processed. I havent had time to try to contact them because I have work. Does anyone know if this site is legit? I've never ordered something online that has taken more than one day for my "order to be processed." I just dont want some scammers to have my debit card information, cause thats what I used.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Copper Head

Copper Head Active Member

I've bought from them many times. They aren't the fastest for shipping, but they are completely legit and I've never had any problem with receiving products from them. They usually ship within a week or so. I will buy from them again.

4. Augustine1992

Augustine1992 Member

thats a little reassuring. Do you know off the top of your head how long it usually takes to get a confirmation email?

5. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

They are one of the most reliable and trustworthy sellers that I know. Just be patient, they are slow with shipping because they are THAT busy.

6. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

I agree with what has been said above. I have found them to be very good. They usually don't ship right away, but I have found the quality of the items, especially bullion, to be much better than Provident or Gainesville. I would definitely recommend them. I usually get a "shipped" email within a week.

7. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

Excellent seller. Great prices, slow shipping but that speaks to the volume of customer orders they process daily. You'll never go wrong or be wronged by them.

Something not to your satisfaction, they make it right no ifs ands or buts about it.

8. Copper Head

My last order took six days from placing the order to getting an e-mail telling me it had shipped. I'm good with that.

9. Augustine1992

Augustine1992 Member

Thanks guys, I was actually able to call them today and the lady that answered was very polite about it and explained they have so many orders that it takes about this long to get a confirmation on shipping. She said she wouldnt be surprised if they shipped out on Monday.

Thanks for the reassurance guys :D

I try to be cautious because the last person I bought something from online was a cell phone case thingy and I got the package but it was the wrong case. I called em up and they said they will send the right case...well its been a month and the right case hasnt arrived. I went to call customer service and the phone had been disconnected. It was through paypal so I dont know if there is a way to file a complaint or something to get my money back? Oh well, it was only $12.

10. Inquisitive

Inquisitive Starting 2 know something

I have ordered from them as well and was pleased.

11. 9roswell

9roswell Senior Member

yes you can file a complaint with paypal

12. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

They're legit, but at times, slow in getting things out because they run out of stock. Happened to me a few years ago with silver proof sets. I think it took 'em 6 weeks to get the sets to me. When I called them they were very polite and apologetic about the order taking so long, and even asked if I wanted to cancel. I opted to wait.

13. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

Yep, ordered from them a few times. I look at it this way, I weigh reasonably priced and long shipping times. I'll wait the extra while longer to get a quality product, at competitive prices all day long. The long shipping times is just a testament to how busy and how much volume they sell.

14. icerain

icerain Mastir spellyr

They could be slow in shipping but they are 100% legit. Plus their prices are pretty good, I don't think they give confirmation emails when shipping. And if you do see something you like from them I suggest you get it quick, their products are priced to sell.

15. ahearn

ahearn Member

I too have ordered from them, have been satisfied, and confirm that shipping is a bit on the slow side. My only complaint is that unless you are ordering bullion, their photographs and brief product descriptions leave much to be desired. However, they have a 7-day return policy.

16. gboulton

gboulton 7070 56.98 pct complete

I've done business with them for over 3 years. They were, at one time, one of the best in the business.

However, of late they have become considerably slower about shipping, less responsive to contact attempts, and most recently, have taken to advertising products as being "in stock" when they are not.

I suspect they're still "legitimate", but there's no doubt they've begun doing some of the things mark less trustworthy companies. As a result of that they've lost the business of several former customers, myself included.

17. treehugger

I think you're really cutting off your nose to spite your face here. I would be hard pressed to bring to mind a company, all things considered, that is much better. Their prices are very competitive, their shipping charges are decent, their packaging is great and their quality control is outstanding. Their shipping has probably slowed because they are experiencing more business and, as that increases, it takes more time to pick out the good stuff for their customers.

It is true they were showing the Canada Moose in stock when it wasn't, but I don't understand the big deal about that. It came in a couple of days ago; only a few days after they began to advertise it. The good news is the more people who defect from them means the easier it will be for me to get great coins from them in the future.
    :thumb:

18. gboulton

gboulton 7070 56.98 pct complete

Thanks for your input. :)

19. Copper Head

Hey! What happened to your nose?! :eek:

20. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

21. treehugger

I apologize if I seemed like a horse's patootey, but, in my opinion, if I look at the many positives of dealing with this company, the negatives you mentioned wouldn't be enough to make me stop dealing with them. Just out of curiousity, what companies are on your recommended list?

Draft saved Draft deleted