Mintage of the Copper Pattern 1868 5 Pesetas (Spain)?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Dr.Jones, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Dr.Jones

Dr.Jones Well-Known Member

uploadfromtaptalk1447627259160.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1447627280803.jpg

Can anyone tell me the mintage of this Spanish 5 Pesetas Copper Pattern (1868 - KM-Pn10). I'm selling it but can't answer some of the questions coming in about the mintage. I know these patterns were also made in silver and gold. The silver patterns had a mintage of 100 I believe. I've found were several of these have been sold at Heritage and Goldberg auctions but no mention of the mintage, just that they're "rare". Hoping someone can help me out...

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

This is a very interesting coin. I have searched and have found no information at all. The 1869 silver had a mintage of 100 but yours has stumped me. I will follow this thread to see if anyone can come up with something. Thanks for sharing!

Dr.Jones likes this.
  4. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

It's a medal, not a coin. I believe there was something like 500 pieces made in bronze in 1968 as a 100th anniversary tribute to the peseta denomination.
    It should be numbered on the edge.
    Relatively inexpensive piece when properly attributed, but they are often falsely sold as period pieces.

Edit: corrected horrible spelling

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    paddyman98 likes this.
  5. Numismat

jj00 and paddyman98 like this.
  6. Dr.Jones

Dr.Jones Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information Numismat... the edge is plain with no numbers. It's about 4mm thick. This is useful, I've been struggling to find any info on it.

7. Numismat

That is good news. As far as I've been able to research, all of the 1968 reproductions were numbered on the edge.

Draft saved Draft deleted