Mint Set Album

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by mlov43, Sep 24, 2016.

1. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

Nice idea, if not a totally original one.

If it could incorporate "airtight" pages so that environmental air and moisture could be kept at bay, then such an album would strike the right balance between 1) presentation, 2) preservation, and 3) storage. Those nutty people who collect coins are ALWAYS looking for such solutions.

Screen Shot 2016-09-24 at 1.56.20 PM.png

gxseries, Smojo and dwhiz like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. joecoincollect

joecoincollect Well-Known Member

id imagine it's pretty bulky and expensive. The world sets i have and the Franklin Mint cards from the 80s or so have been holding up quite well as far as i know, so im not sure an airtight page would be necessary. I guess it might depend on where you live and storage as well. Recently ive seen a Old Whitman blue slider album that is for mint or proof sets. It's kinda interesting and not bulky at all, but i think its geared for the small cello packs the US mint has been making since the 50s or so

4. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

Did you see it online? If you have the url, share it! I'd like to see what that looks like...

5. joecoincollect

joecoincollect Well-Known Member

here's one i saw, but there were others as well. this one says Modern Proof Sets, but i think the others may have said mint sets. i just googled Coin album on ebay
    image.jpg

mlov43 and gxseries like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted