Mint rip off

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Mojavedave, May 31, 2016.

1. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

Message submitted to the mint;

I have been enrolled in the quarter program for years. You ship the 100 bag P & D quarters in one box with a shipping fee of $ 4.95. You ship the 100 bag S quarters separately for an additional shipping fee of $ 4.95.

Why do you not have a registration for all three mints in one order to save your customers the additional $ 4.95 fee ?

Dave

Their response;

Dear Dave,

This letter is in response to your recent correspondence to the United States Mint.

Unfortunately, the 100-Coin Quarter Bag from the San Francisco Mint is a separate enrollment item and cannot be combined with any other quarter enrollment orders.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What does separate enrollment item mean ? Isn't the San Francisco Mint part of the Federal Treasury ?

Dave

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Victor

Victor Coin Collector

separate means extra charge

4. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

It means they want the money

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

It means that the person filling your order can only remember one item at a time. Therefore, he/she must continually go back and forth to their workstation after processing each item.

FWIW, I used to have subscriptions for about 2 dozen items, and whenever separate items were released within 2-3 days of one another, the Mint would ask me if I wanted them held and shipped together to save on the cost. I assume they must have changed this policy some time after 2008.

Chris

6. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Heck, that was a kindness I never experienced from them, Chris.

Dave? That's just the way they do business now. Subscriptions that are released within a day or two of each other all get charged the full shipping price. The only way around it is to cancel all subscriptions and go back to manually ordering everything within a day/week of the product release.

7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I guess they liked me!

Chris

green18 likes this.
  8. TJ1952

TJ1952 Well-Known Member

Hell, the better question would probably be: What "isn't" a rip-off from the Mint today.

9. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

Seems to me that a changing of the guard took place around that time, after which common sense was completely dispensed with.

10. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

Ken, My memory would be a disaster if I cancelled my subscriptions.

green18 likes this.
  11. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

LOL......quite there myself........:)

Draft saved Draft deleted