Mint mark over Mint mark

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Ragu, Nov 14, 2021.

1. Ragu

Ragu Active Member

I am unsure what to start an asking price should be. I could use some help. The highest grade for a 1990 Quarter P or D Mint mark is a 67+ ...I have a 1990 Quarter with a D over P mint mark and I believe it will grade higher then the 67+..as I will find out shortly , Just waiting for it to come back to me from PCGS. Anyone thinking a starting price when it gos to auction ?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Hello and Welcome . Picture please . OR..... THISTHREADISUSELESSWITHOUTPICHERS.jpg

4. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

It can't be an rmp or an over mm because the hand punched die processes were long gone by then.Your coin is most likely damaged,You must be mistaken as thats not possible.If you did get it certified then you will be greatly disappointed as its most likely worth 25 cents,auction?no.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
    JPD3, Inspector43 and expat like this.
  5. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

100% guarantee you do not have that. But show us pictures and we can tell you what you really have :)

Mr.Q, Inspector43 and expat like this.
  6. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

Just about certain that what you have is a result of a die chip or post mint damage. 1989 was the last year that mintmarks were hand punched into the dies, with the Cents being the last denomination phased out that year.

JPD3, Mr.Q, Inspector43 and 2 others like this.
  7. potty dollar 1878

I'm very interested to see the pictures:):)especially when it comes back from PCGS!!!.

Mr.Q and Inspector43 like this.
  8. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Most likely a Die Chip.. No premium for that.

9. Ragu

Ragu Active Member

Like i said, I am new at coin collecting. I don't have to tell stories for attention. I hope I'm right with this as i'm 90% sure as my magnifier gets in pretty close. I apologize The coin is at PCGS and I do not have a picture. I give you all my word when it comes back soon I will post it. I want to thank all of the quick response. I sent 5 coins to PCGS 1969s one sent ,1982D small date 3.1 grams and others. I also have sitting right next to me a 1945 War Nickel yes the large"P" on the back of the coin. I have to send that out when i get these coins back. The coins I have you would not believe that are so nice. Thanks everyone for helping.

10. potty dollar 1878

They might look good but honestly i think you need to slow down,the coins you seem to be getting certified aren't worth it at all.

11. paddyman98

I doubt it's a small date o_O

12. potty dollar 1878

Agreed unless it does have the D mint mark,op is there a D underneath the date for 1982?if not then I'm pretty sure its not what you say it is.

Mr.Q likes this.
  13. potty dollar 1878

14. Ragu

Ragu Active Member

OK. See you at the auction. I was just looking for some guidance as im lost with knowing who to talk to. I no the difference between a small and large date and yes it is 3.1 grams as i have a coin scale next tp me. This was no help for me. I will keep my word i will post when they come in...I also have a one cent with a ...5 under his nose ...i guess I dont no my numbers now and another one cent 2 faces on the front..I will have to check if I know what a face looks like....I will go elsewhere, Thanks to all..

15. potty dollar 1878

You really need to work on your english/language and most likely the cents are just damaged and i don't understand half of what your saying,don't know numberso_Oo_Oetc???.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
    Steve minor likes this.
  16. paddyman98

Yea.. but I doubt it is a small date. I don't care what you know.

All you have to do is show us a picture and we will check it out for you!

Mr.Q likes this.
  17. paddyman98

Easy buddy.. remember what I told you? There is no requirement to speak or write perfect English to be on CoinTalk :confused:

18. potty dollar 1878

Yes but seriously how can you mistake know for (no) unless there using the voice feature thing.It drives me nuts when people use it because usually the messages don't come out right which is probably what is going on with the op.

eddiespin likes this.
  19. paddyman98

Just know this.. The moderators frown upon personal attacks on any member. Even if their way of trying to communicate is full of grammar mistakes or makes no sense. If you don't understand the member then ignore them and move on to the next thread.

20. potty dollar 1878

Sorry I didn't think i was doing a (personal attack)just stating facts,onward it is!!!.

21. paddyman98

@potty dollar 1878

FYI
    Coin Talk Rules | Coin Talk

Quote - "2 – Personal attacks are not permitted. All Coin Talk members, young, old and in between, will treat all other members with respect and be civil at all times." closed quote

Draft saved Draft deleted