Mint error on 2014D penny. Also possible 2010D double die

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Lazycouchtater, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Lazycouchtater

Lazycouchtater New Member

image.jpg So I'm falling back on an older method of mine for finding collectible coins after my soon to be ex wife cleaned me out on finances. After going through $45 worth of pennies, sorting out the wheats and Canadian, even a British one penny(shrugs) I found two newer coins which appear to be mint errors. 1st is a 2010D penny which shows doubling of the last 0 in 2010 and on the mint mark. The second is a 2014D which appears to be one minted with zinc exposed at the time of minting, as no physical damage to the lettering on the back, nor the edging appears to exist. Are these worth having graded? The 2014D is near mint, if not brilliant uncirculated. The 2010D is in great condition, but it shows the minor scratching of circulation. If worth grading, how much worth have these pennies? Will I be able to afford the $2500 retainer fee for my lawyer at the very least?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

Just my opinion but really common errors - A 1909-S VDB in circulated XF won't even get you to your retainer.

4. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

well your 2 cent closer to the 2500...2010 is die deterioration doubling http://www.error-ref.com/?s=die+deterioration 2014, IMO, toning from something coming into contact with coin..

Draft saved Draft deleted