Mint Director Releases 2021 Morgan and Peace Dollar Renderings

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by YoloBagels, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Medussa

Medussa Silver

I agree that the date is too large. It also appears that they are adding detail to Liberty's hair...don't like it. Stay with the design. Do not try to improve/enhance it.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

The obverse is based on the 1921 design, but made into a low-relief coin, so the hair will not look like the 1922-35 coins and the date is thicker. The 0 in the date needs to be moved a touch to the right and made round, though.

dwhiz likes this.
  4. KBBPLL

KBBPLL Active Member

Of course that's my point - the United States Mint has no business being concerned about any "aftermarket". They're not making Beanie Babies. I realize that I'm tilting at windmills, but their job is to market a design, take the orders, then mint them. If collectors are asleep and the demand later exceeds the supply, that's the natural outcome for the market. If the collectors got all they want and the demand is never more than that, well... that's their job! If they market a design, and I want one at the exact time it goes on sale but I can't get it, then they're an abject failure. Their job is not to produce something that I cannot get from them when they say I can.

5. mike estes

mike estes Active Member

i had the same thoughts as Santinidollar

6. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

SSSHHHHH! Don't give them any ideas!

7. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

You mean like this?

[​IMG]

or this?

[​IMG]

8. chascat

chascat Well-Known Member

The new quarter reverse!...WOW!

9. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

And if the Mint is concerned about the aftermarket, that would beg the question of “why.”

KBBPLL likes this.
  10. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Because that would be being smart. If you consistently put out things that fall in price you either have to lower your prices or watch sales decline. It would be foolish not to be considering it in strategy

11. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

They've been putting out clad proof sets that fall in price for the last fifty years.

KBBPLL and masterswimmer like this.
  12. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

And you proved the point. Their prices are minuscule and their sales are pathetic

Draft saved Draft deleted