Mint damaged.

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Kevin Gorham, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Kevin Gorham

Kevin Gorham Member

Is there a way to figure out the mint once damage like happens? This guy says it's an error, and I'm brand new, and going through sites learning what they have, but think it's damage.
    Anyway, just thought to see what you folks might know, learn alternates to the mint markings?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

what guy says what's an error?
    all I see is damage ?

is there a specific error there rather than just damage that I'm overlooking? I only looked for a split second.

furryfrog02 likes this.
  4. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Mint errors are human or machine made mistakes in the minting/die process.

Damage is completely, totally unlimited. Just like anything else you can think of can get damaged. Write down all the ways, anything you own or have seen anywhere in your lifetime of how they got damaged .. and that's pretty much how a coin can get damaged too in some direct or indirect way after it's outside of the mint.

ldhair likes this.
  5. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

The coin is just damaged. That's what matters. It's worth 1 or 2 cents.

6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

You can see the coin took a hit and pushed the copper up. It's damaged.

7. Kevin Gorham

Kevin Gorham Member

I know. Certified mint condition, I think it might be worth 35 cents. I'm not asking for value. This coin book I have has several places for each year from 1909 to 1949 I think. I don't know what mint this came from, so don't which spot gets filled.
    I'm asking if there is another way to figure out the mint, D, S, P or none, right? Or is Philly no mint mark?

8. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

Philly is no mint mark. Can't tell with that one, just wait for a better coin.

Kevin Gorham likes this.
  9. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

1945 is not that hard to find, it is the ones pre-1940 that are less frequent. I've tossed many 40s and 50s cents back when they were less than desirable for me. Let someone else find them, maybe. This one is a good candidate for that, IMO.

10. Kevin Gorham

Kevin Gorham Member

Draft saved Draft deleted