MINI Canadian Gold Coins

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by love old coins, Jul 9, 2021.

1. love old coins

love old coins Well-Known Member

Well, my boyfriend brought home some really cool mini coins...one gram gold coins...I've never seen anything like these! Can you imagine how small the dies had to be to make these?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. norantyki

norantyki CoinMuncher

Just wait till you find out that they also make 1/2g pieces ;P Agreed, I also like these RCM mini-gold coins. I have the 1/2g 25c Caribou - couldn't resist.

MIGuy, spirityoda and love old coins like this.
  4. love old coins

I think Canadian coins are beautiful...it's funny cuz all my life, if we had any Canadian change mixed in our pocket change, my parents would always call it trash and get rid of it (like in the 60's-70's). I'm going to research the 1/2 gram 25c Caribou's...thanks @norantyki!

MIGuy likes this.
  5. love old coins

When I can afford one, I plan on getting a better microscope. The one I used for my pics was a cheap one...the pics aren't the greatest but it'll have to work for now!

6. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

I have purchased them in the past to use as contest prizes. They do have incredible detail for such tiny pieces.

7. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Those are cool, but the premiums on those small coins are crazy. I myself used to have some 1/10th ounce Canadian maple leaf coins. I sold them during hard times. The color gold on these Canadian gold prices are still my personal favorite.

love old coins likes this.
  8. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

I still have this...
    2010 caribou gold 1/2 gram. I bought off Ebay for $45... yes it's tiny, but I am collecting the caribou quarters. sellers pics...

gold A.jpg
    gold B.jpg

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
  9. love old coins

I want one of those! I looked them up yesterday after you told me about them...amazingly beautiful!

MIGuy likes this.
  10. H8_modern

H8_modern Attracted to small round-ish art

I know I’ve picked up a couple of those but not sure where they are. Unfortunately I tend to stick jumbles of coins in boxes and sock them away.

love old coins likes this.
  11. norantyki

norantyki CoinMuncher

Can an admin please have a look at Ellamon - without opening the link, looks an awful lot like spam.

12. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Well-Known Member

Just report them as Spam.

Draft saved Draft deleted