Military Challenge Coins... Post Yours ♤

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Cascade, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Stork

Stork I deliver Supporter

I was pretty happy about it--wasn't really expecting it, so it was cool.

Circus and Jwt708 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Circus

Circus Tokens Only !! TEC#4981

Only one higher never have to pay for a drink!

Jwt708 likes this.
  4. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Well you're a collector now! I think something very cool about challenge coins is they can tell a story of our careers.

Smojo likes this.
  5. Stork

I'm retired now, and I won't actively seek out anything I don't have already. Which is woefully few as I had boxes go missing in a move once or twice.

Unfortunately this is my husband's:
    [​IMG]
    I guess I'd be buying (and driving afterwards).

He's got quite a few good ones tucked around.

dwhiz, Islander80-83, Smojo and 2 others like this.
  6. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Haha awesome!

Too bad about the missing boxes. I'm PCSing in a few months and I'll have my coins in my carry on this time!

TJ1952 and Stork like this.
  7. Stork

Once I became a coin collector I started mailing stuff via registered if it was too nice for the movers and too heavy to carry. Unfortunately I learned that the hard way.

8. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

I didn't let the movers have my coins for my last PCS but did put it in my checked bag and the TSA got at it. :mad: Carry on this time!

TJ1952 likes this.
  9. TJ1952

TJ1952 Well-Known Member

Did you take your collection overseas with you? I can understand if you bought coins while you were there. I've had four PCS's. It never crossed my mind or would have ever been an option to take them with me, no way! I don't need to tell you about the horror stories on PCS household goods and whole baggage shipments. I'm sure you've heard them all.

I was lucky, I had family members keep and store my collection while I was away. Not sure of your situation. Like classified material, you better keep those coins on your person at all times! Good luck with the move!

Islander80-83, Stork and Jwt708 like this.
  10. Stork

Personally, going overseas I put most into storage (with family, not the household goods), but at one point we did back to back overseas tours. I really started collecting during my first overseas time (when I started a Japanese type set).

I bought some pretty decent coins and medals while overseas and those were the ones that found themselves in registered mail (fortunately our base post offices handled registered). It was a bit much to carry on my person! I did put about 20 1/10 gold eagles in my change purse though. Looked like normal money on the screening machines :D.

To keep from being a total hijack, another of my husband's (I wish I knew all the stories behind his collection, but he keeps his mouth shut:

[​IMG]

dwhiz, Islander80-83, Smojo and 3 others like this.
  11. TJ1952

TJ1952 Well-Known Member

@Cascade when I first saw your CSER coin, I was thinking CSAR. I guess it's a dyslexia thing.

Jwt708 likes this.
  12. TJ1952

TJ1952 Well-Known Member

@Jwt708 so you know what it means?

13. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Ya because we fix their aircraft. People like me don't kick in doors...or do other awesome stuff. We keep these stupid aircraft flying. We keep the aircraft that do CSAR in the air. We wash the blood out. We keep them airborne.

TJ1952 likes this.
  14. Smojo

Smojo dreamliner

This is just a coin I carry around, it's a religious kind of coin. Believe its "light of the lost" or close to it.
    Collage 2016-11-16 16_42_13.jpg
    I've looked for mine & had a CG coin. I wish I knew what happened to it. 7th IDL.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    TJ1952 likes this.
  15. Smojo

Smojo dreamliner

Really? What airplane you work on?
    My current contract is the G-650. Riding that one as long as I can, not sure how much longer its gonna stay in production. It's a 7yr aircraft already.

16. TJ1952

TJ1952 Well-Known Member

Good man! So when are you PCS'ing home?

17. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

The one I got from the CMC of Naval Reactors I earned. I proudly display that one on my desk at work. It was awarded to me personally by him. The others I got from colleagues at work - I am a contractor for the Navy. These guys appreciate the work I do, and they give me coins from their boats. I realize I don't have to justify myself to you, but your comment really irked me.

Jwt708 and Seattlite86 like this.
  18. jfscmedic

jfscmedic Well-Known Member

19. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

I've been reading a lot of your smug comments and backhanded insults to our fellow collectors. While your own service is unclear, what is clear to me is that for whatever reason you have a chip on your shoulder. Please remember that no one here owes you anything and pretending they do will only cause more trouble than you already have.

sidestick likes this.
  20. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

I currently maintain KC/RC-135, C-130J, and CV-22 however I've also worked F-16, A-10, and C-17. My next will be the B-1!

Well I'm headed to Texas in Feb. Pretty excited.

TJ1952 likes this.
  21. Smojo

Smojo dreamliner

Awsome. my father in law was an AE was in on the design of the A-10. Never met the guy but I have a lot of his old books & tools.
    The B-1 would be a great plane to work on. I almost went to Cali to work on the stealth but I'm not really wanting to move back to Cali, I miss home but I don't. Weighing options on Virginia now for navy contract.
    Good luck in Texas when you get there & learn up on your spanish you'll need it.

Jwt708 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted