mikesmountainvalues

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by wxcoin, Jan 30, 2021.

1. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

I was watching the Ebay bids from this seller on several slabbed Lincoln cents and noticed that ALL of his auction listings were retracted. I was wondering if any of you know the reason.

Inspector43 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. atcarroll

atcarroll Well-Known Member

Idk. I bid on several of his listings when he was relatively new, only to be bid up in increments by bidders with small feedback and a large percentage of bids with him. I stopped bidding on his listings after that.

Inspector43 likes this.
  4. wxcoin

I haven't won very many bids from him since the last minute bidding went over my threshold. Most of the raw coins in his auctions are cleaned (to be fair, he usually does add the word "details" in the coins description so read carefully). He's had a number of nice NGC and PCGS slabbed IHC and LC in his recent auctions but bidding usually goes too rich for my blood.

Inspector43 likes this.
  5. Publius2

Publius2 Well-Known Member

I have been in contact with him twice, yesterday and again today. He tells me that eBay customer service was supposed to have fixed the problem yesterday but as of 2:30 today they hadn't. He told me if eBay couldn't fix the problem he was going to retract the auction and reoffer when the problem was fixed.

As far as his raw coin offerings, I have always found him to be honest in describing those offerings but you have to scroll down to the written description to find it. The slabbed coins are just that. I have won quite a few IHCs, both raw and slabbed from him and cannot say I have ever been disappointed. He ships fast - win and pay Sunday night and the coin is always in my hand by Wednesday or Thursday, California to Florida. No fee for credit card and no shipping/handling charges.

As for bidding prices, they are sometimes high and sometimes not - as always it depends on the item and the people interested. I would say I have won about 50% of the items I've bid on but I take a very disciplined approach to bidding and employ numerous strategies once I've determined to what degree I want a coin.

wxcoin and Hoky77 like this.
  6. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Y’all know he uses the product “MS70 coin dip” to tone his Indians and Lincoln’s blue and purple, right? NGC will straight grade them, but PCGS won’t. I personally wonder what those coins will look like 20 years from now...

7. Publius2

Publius2 Well-Known Member

Yes, I have always suspected that the raw coins are not quite the color endowed by nature. I have about four of them and they are pretty but I don't have enough money in them to be concerned about it. I am now at the point in my IHC collection where I am going for high-grade keys and semi-keys and those will only be verified slabs.

As for what they'll look like in 20 years, I probably won't be around to judge.

wxcoin and RonSanderson like this.
  8. wxcoin

Thanks for the feedback on this thread. I've purchased a number of coins from him and have been generally satisfied. Like many coin auctions these days, IHC and early slabbed LHC coins are selling at higher prices. So that tells me that the market is strong. If I find a nice, well struck example, I'll bid accordingly.

Draft saved Draft deleted