Mighty high asking price, makes me wonder?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by fretboard, Sep 6, 2015.

1. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Couple of the craziest prices I've ever come across on craigslist. First of all, I have no interest in buying these coins but I can't get over how much they're asking especially for the St. Gaudens, a 1910 for $5,000 WTH!! I am suspicious because if somebody stole these coins they may not know how much to ask for and that's what I think is going on here. The reason I think that's what's happening is b/c the seller is from Oak Park and if you know Sacramento then you know that nobody in the Oak Park area ever has two nickels to rub together, let alone a couple of gold coins. laughhard.gif Ok, maybe that's a bit harsh but as far as Sacramento goes, Oak Park is the ghetto!!!

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/clt/5208339910.html

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/clt/5208342778.html

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TX15FX4

TX15FX4 Active Member

I agree, a little suspicious.

4. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

why are you buying coins from craigs list???lol

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

@fretboard

It's my guess that the seller assumes there are more dummies on Crudslist than there are on Sleazebay.

Chris

6. NSP

NSP Well-Known Member

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it isn't a good idea to carry $5000 in Oak Park to make the exchange.

7. Onofrio Bacigalupo

Onofrio Bacigalupo Well-Known Member

Highly appropriate!

8. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

bring extra...many cheap items. meet under the broken street light in the alley. Come alone.

9. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Actually I sell on Craigs but I never buy, not coins that is. I've bought guitars on CL and other stuff and never had a problem, but coins no way Jose.

10. swamp yankee

swamp yankee Well-Known Member

The only way the boyz have these is they stole 'em somewhere and you'll get robbed for sure if you were to have a meet,stay away!

Draft saved Draft deleted