Michigan quarter printed on another coin

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Morris A Acuff, Jan 6, 2019.

1. I would say that's the best way to explain what I'm looking at I received in change the other night and I just been bustin to get it on here. You guys said. Keep Looking, Oh Its off center and maybe toss in a little Doubling.÷
    . I REALLY Hope this is Something Because the best part isI probably five or six other coins arethe other night including proof coins and I need somebody help me out with him but we'll start with this one

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Can you be more specific in your question? as in where specifically you think you see this? Die Clash question?

Also show both sides, complete.

4. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

It all looks like damage to me. The photos aren't clear enough to show even a clash.

5. Oh. Jim sorr. I didnt Realize it Posted. Didnt realize it posted I'm still adding pictures.

6. Hang in there few minutes please I will just add on Here.

7. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I see nothing but circulation wear and tear

JCro57 likes this.
  8. Under his Nose outline of eagles head looking awat from GW..

9. Pickin and Grinin

10. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

It's not unusual for someone looking to find something, anything, that they conjure up an image in their mind that isn't really there. More than a dozen years ago on another forum, there was someone who swore that they saw the "Shroud of Turin" on a Lincoln cent. Of course, it didn't really exist, but try explaining it to someone who wants to find something really, really, really bad.

Chris

Dougmeister and Amos 811 like this.
  12. 20190106_114420.jpg

Attached Files:

13. frankjg

frankjg Well-Known Member

More pictures won’t help. It’s nothing.

Dougmeister likes this.
  14. Pickin and Grinin

Much better photo. That is a form of a strike through. Although the grease or whatever was stuck to the die may stay for repeated strikes, it never takes on the same form. It is a spender if you ask me, not a clash or eagles head.

Edit something that been bugging me.
    A coin is struck, a Federal Reserve Note is printed.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    Dougmeister likes this.
  15. Ok Gotcha. So the number 1 stamped just above his nose and letter Doubling and mistakes on back are all probably as a result of Strike throu
    Nice O
    I

16. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

(a) It looks like a 1 doesn't it. Can you explain how it got there in relation to the minting process ?? Or does it simply look like a 1 to your eyes and since it looks like a 1, it must be a 1 ?
    upload_2019-1-6_13-38-4.png

(b) i don't see it. That coins sure is DIRTY and worn though.

(c) no, probably not. See (b)

17. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Normal to me as well.

18. A tender little Dishwater bath with a Soft Rag and it cleared it up it's not an Eagle I leave it up to you. It's a busy little coin and I have to wat for daylight because theres more. OH. The Little Stamped 1 is in the Cook of his Nose. Theres faded Bigger 6 above left and another large 1 below. More numbers , Writing, along with doubling. Cool even if it is nothing. So far I cant find one like it. Downloading Slow . We are on the road so I'll be back later with More.

Attached Files:

19. Pickin and Grinin

You are only seeing things Morris. It is not struck over another coin only damage.

Morris A Acuff likes this.
  20. Sorry Boss and I know it's a Pain. Before starting Another thread about Possible Doubling I did want to run these by you. Lerer under the D in United another Between

Draft saved Draft deleted