Mexico 20 Centavo Set

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by sonlarson, Jul 11, 2016.

1. sonlarson

sonlarson World Silver Collector

I put this collage together and am contemplating having it sent to Photobucket and made into a canvas for wall mounting. Does it look OK as it is, or should I set it up differently. Suggestions welcome. Thought about adding mintage data to each coin but thought it would make it too busy. How would you do it? This is my complete set. Mostly BU, all uncirculated. Wonder how you would value the set. 3 key dates, 51,55,59 are worth about $275 combined.

Mexico 20 Centavos Set.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. RomanTheRussian

RomanTheRussian Well-Known Member

Nice set! I wouldn't add any additional text and keep it as it is. Very visually appealing.

4. xlrcable

xlrcable Active Member

That's a gorgeous set of one of my favorite coins - nice work! Personally I wouldn't change anything about the presentation.

I won't hazard a guess about the overall value but I think even the common dates (more or less the second half of the series) are tough to find as nice as yours. In valuing them I'd say trust your first-hand experience - the catalog values and prices you most often see refer to the usual examples with spots/fingerprints/etc and yours are in a different class.

jester3681 likes this.
  5. Pap4tinker

Pap4tinker Active Member

6. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

Very nice!

There is always the option of making a digital set with the mintage figures. Happy to do it as a demonstration.

7. sonlarson

Image3 reduced.jpg Added a black frame to allow for the canvas edge wrap. I'll share results when it arrives. Decided on 16X16 at a cost of $20. If it looks hokey, I am not out much.

8. sonlarson

I tried to make digital templates a couple of times. I could never get it to look I wanted. Tried to give it the "Dansco" look. I was never able to pull it off.

9. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

sonlarson, do you mean something like this? 100% digital

https://issuu.com/gxseries/docs/japan_type_set_1870_current

Please feel free to PM me and we may come up with something awesome!

10. Rushmore

Rushmore Coin Addict

I have an almost complete collection of 20 Centavos, not as nice as yours though. I'm missing the 1959. 1951 I inherited from my grandpa.

11. joecoincollect

joecoincollect Well-Known Member

Nice. Show us a pic when it arrives

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  12. sonlarson

Came out very well. I need to make a trip to Hobby Lobby to but a new frame. Probably cost more than the $20 I spent on the canvas. Borrowed a frame
    from another print to see how it looks. I want to frame it without the glass. Total size is 16X20. Glad I added the Black border, it will give me room for a border wrap. Next I'll need to find a permanent spot in my "hobby room".

centavo frame.JPG 20 centavo photo.JPG

Hiddendragon likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted