Mexico 2 centavos series

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Hiddendragon, Feb 20, 2024.

1. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

Here is my collection of the 2 centavos series from Mexico. There were not a lot of 2 centavos made. I don't have the 1905, which has only 50,000 minted and sells for hundreds of dollars. The price guide also lists a 1922 with no mintage given and astronomical prices. Otherwise I have all the rest. Here are the first group.

In 1915 the size was reduced. I also have one 1915 coin from the state of Puebla. This was a revolutionary year and there was a lot of (mostly crude) coinage made by different states and armies.

1882 mexico 2 centavos.jpg 1883 mexico 2 centavos.jpg 1906 mexico 2 centavos.jpg 1915 mexico 2 centavos.jpg 1915 puebla 2 centavos.jpg 1920 mexico 2 centavos.jpg 1921 mexico 2 centavos.jpg 1924 mexico 2 centavos.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Hiddendragon

Here's the last group. 1929 is a key date. I'd like to have some higher grade examples but I just don't come across these coins that much and eBay prices get high quickly. 1925 mexico 2 centavos.jpg 1926 mexico 2 centavos.jpg 1927 mexico 2 centavos.jpg 1928 mexico 2 centavos.jpg 1929 mexico 2 centavos.jpg 1935 mexico 2 centavos.jpg 1939 mexico 2 centavos.jpg 1941 mexico 2 centavos.jpg

4. sonlarson

sonlarson World Silver Collector

Nice group. I hope you get them all.

Hiddendragon likes this.
  5. Joshua Lemons

Joshua Lemons Well-Known Member

Those first ones with the Roman numerals remind me of the US nickel 3 cent.

Hiddendragon likes this.
  6. Cherd

Cherd Junior Member Supporter

Nice collection. I went on a Mexican copper kick for a while back in the mid-teens. Mexican coins are really interesting, and the lower quality control standards make them a variety collectors dream!

Hiddendragon likes this.
  7. Hiddendragon

Mexican copper/bronze were one of the first series that drew me in to world coins. I focused on those and the British pennies for quite a while.

Cherd likes this.
  8. Cherd

Cherd Junior Member Supporter

I worked on a bit of a type collection, but ended up being drawn into the revolutionary stuff. Can't ask for more variety in a collection when there were coins made of lead, cast in sand molds, and even made out of cardboard!

Hiddendragon likes this.
  9. Hiddendragon

I admit I get overwhelmed by some of the Mexican stuff. The revolutionary coins and the pre-1900s stuff there are just too many so I don't really seek it out, but when I find one at a coin shop I'll buy it. It's kind of like trying to collect German coins and getting every mintmark for every denomination and year.

Rushmore likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted