Mexican sets from Banco De Mexico, where to buy in Mexico?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by JeffsRealm, Oct 6, 2016.

1. JeffsRealm

JeffsRealm Active Member

This may seem like a weird question,

We have a few locations for our company in Mexico, currently several people from my office are traveling there for business. I figured, hey, when in Mexico, have them pick me up some Mexican mint sets.

So I was looking at these mint sets from Banco de Mexico. Which they say they are a distributor of these sets in Mexico. I asked one of our travelers to see if they could get me one of each year for the last 10 years, but if just the last couple I am fine with that, heck even just this year. However, when they went to the Banco de Mexico they didn't offer them. They are going to Mexico City tomorrow and will try again there. Is there someplace someone can recommend there that they try? they are planning on visiting one of the larger branches.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

Have them try a coin store.

4. JeffsRealm

JeffsRealm Active Member

Well I thought of that but finding and going a coin store, in Mexico City for a bunch of Americans is not overly safe. None of the people from the locations they went to knew of any such locations.

5. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

Well I would suggest a cab ride (They should know where to go), but I would not go alone. Always have a partner or two whether going to a bar or just walking the streets.-- BTW have them pick me up a set or two also. :>)

Dave

6. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

I found a couple of coin shops in Tijuana, Mexico...one was the Kentucky Gift Shop!

7. serafino

serafino Well-Known Member

I know very little about Mexico, but do they have a Mexican Ebay ?

I know that Italy has their own popular Ebay that I buy coins from.

8. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Many of the coin dealers on the US side of the border, such as Chula Vista,CA. or San Diego area usually have some of them. They make nice sets. You might have the company think about using them for promotional gifts as the ones in presentation cases are very beautiful, and the issue price is very good.

JeffsRealm likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted