Mexican Libertad Price Guide?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by sensehunter, Feb 25, 2015.

1. sensehunter

sensehunter Member

Hi..I am new to Mexican Libertads, buying both MS & Proofs, Silver and Gold issues...attractive, low mintage coins, and, I need a good price guide for them..something the dealers use I suppose? I cannot find world coin prices on PCGS..NGC, no problem. My focus here though is to hear from all of you which best book/price guide to buy.
    Thanks
    Calvin

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

4. xlrcable

xlrcable Active Member

If I'm not mistaken only Volume 1 of the Whitman series has been published so far, and it doesn't list prices. You could try searching on "mexico onza" here:

http://www.ngccoin.com/price-guide/world/

This seems to be the same data as the Krause catalog, and may not always have much relevance to the real world.

5. Jason Hoffpauir

Jason Hoffpauir Avid Coin Collector

I wish I could help you on where to find such coins. I usually check E-bay or APEX. I happen to absolutley LOVE Mexican coinage. Especially the beautiful 1947 - 1948 Cuahtemoc .900 Silver Coins. The 1947 has a much lower mintage than the 1948, but both are beautiful.

1947 Cuahtemoc Silver Coin.jpg 1947 Cuahtemoc Silver Coin reverse.jpg

Hispanicus, J.A.K. and treylxapi47 like this.
  6. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Libertads are bullion coins, and should be priced as bullion. They are popular, but are equivalent to Maples, Eagles, Pandas, or any other modern bullion piece.

7. Jason Hoffpauir

Jason Hoffpauir Avid Coin Collector

I may be mistaken or misunderstood your response....but the Cuauhtémoc 1947-1948 Cinco Peso's are NOT Bullion They have .900 silver in them and have more ASW than Morgan Dollars...but they are definitely NOT Bullion. Correct me if I am wrong; as I may have read the response incorrectly. Thanks.

P.S. If you are making a general statement then you are correct. If not, then my response is correct. Thank you.

8. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

The OP is asking about Libertad's, which are bullion.

You posted a Cuahtemoc and started talking about them. They are not Libertads.

In US coinage, that would be like someone asking about Silver Eagles, so you post a Peace Dollar.

9. Steven Hufschmidt

Steven Hufschmidt Active Member

I dont know why CDN hasnt caught onto this yet, or due to $$$ its not worth it. But I wish someone would create a price guide for world GRADED bullion coins. CDN already has ASE and Pandas in the Greysheet. Canadians, British, South African, Australian, and Mexican Graded Coins are a huge part of the market, but so far Pandas are the only NON-US coin I can find a price guide for. Any who there is my 2 cents worth.

10. xlrcable

xlrcable Active Member

[Four year old thread.]

There are a few sites that specialize in graded world bullion (moderncoinmart.com comes to mind, and it’s easy to find on eBay). But I’m not sure the “huge” market extends much beyond these places. If you’re paying attention to them you probably have a better grasp of prevailing prices than any printed guide could give you.

Draft saved Draft deleted