Mexican Coins...need help

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by bstod, May 17, 2015.

1. bstod

bstod Member

Okay friends, so hang with me here. I found these Mexican coins stashed away with a couple other world coins that I have. I collect US coins so I have little to no knowledge on World Coins. I was hoping that someone could give insight on if these coins are valuable or what the metal content is? In order they are a 1944 5 Centavos, 1953 5 Centavos, 1960 20 Centavos and 1985 100 Peso. Again, I don't know much about these coins so anything would help.

Thanks,
    Ben

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

People collect the coins you've shown mainly b/c of the design. The value is very little and the metal content is copper or bronze. The Mexican coins that most people collect are the silver ones b/c most of them list the silver content on the reverse.

4. Siberian Man

Siberian Man Senior Member

I got mine for 60 cents.

Attached Files:

• 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      148.7 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      163.9 KB
      Views:
  5. bstod

bstod Member

That is a very nice coin! Mine are not in good condition. Thank you for the help!

6. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Those are common coins from Mexico, fun to collect but not worth anything unless in BU condition. I can get you exact metal content if you so desire but I think it's sufficient to say you won't make much/any money from their melt value.

Draft saved Draft deleted