Metallium Inc.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by ReaperRuler, Jul 30, 2015.

1. ReaperRuler

ReaperRuler Resident Numismatist

This is more of an exonumia question, so if there's a more appropriate subforum, feel free to move it there. I've recently found a way to combine my love of coins with my love of the periodic table of the elements in the form of buying coins made completely of the elements they represent. My question is whether or not anyone has had any experience buying from Metallium Inc. They are the ones making and selling the element coins and seem reputable, but I just wanted to probe the CT masses before I bought something from these guys.

Thanks in advance

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

I have not bought from them, but I've heard of their elemental "coins." I'm not a fan of the non-metallic ones, and I might think twice about the radioactive ones, but other than that, they look pretty neat! If I shared your interests, I'd definitely consider purchasing from them.

4. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I haven't bought from them, but I'm intrigued. I had to check how they were dealing with mercury (you get a tube of liquid), gallium (it's cast into a container with the token design embossed on the inside), and the alkali metals (they don't).

Now I want a cryogenic halogen short set with solid fluorine and chlorine tokens. :rolleyes:

5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

dme.JPG :rolleyes:

6. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Seller advertised mercury dimes, dimes are solid at room temp, would not buy again

7. ReaperRuler

ReaperRuler Resident Numismatist

Yeah, this is more of a side quest for me that I will complete over an extended period of time. I just figured I'd see if anyone had any prior dealings with them since it is extremely hard to find reviews on them. They link to their ebay business, but they havent sold anything through that since 2012 so I dont trust the reviews all that much after 3 years.

8. Winrobee

Winrobee New Member

I have bought 7 of the Metallium Element Coins. Most recently is a rhodium coin available in 1/10 oz format since this holidays. They are friendly and reliable, and for element collectors the real deal.

Metallium Mint was founded by Dave Hamric, who still answers the phones himself. I don't know the statistics, but apparently most of the elements in the Periodic Table will forever have made their first appearance in coin form in the items available today from Metallium. http://www.elementsales.com/ecoins.htm

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  9. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

First, welcome to the neighborhood!

You do realize that this thread is about 1-1/2 years old, don't you?

Chris

10. Saint JCP

Saint JCP New Member

So are they legit or what? They don't have a secured url. Which is a red flag in my opinion.

Draft saved Draft deleted