Metal detector finds

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Richard gladfelter, May 3, 2018.

1. PamR

PamR You Never Know! Supporter

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Made $1 over my gas. Wasting my time out there.
    day447.JPG

Cliff Reuter likes this.
  4. meandyou4ever0

meandyou4ever0 meandyou4ever0

Wow @paddyman98 you must work at some type of amusement park or somewhere along those lines. All your finds look a lot like what I find on a regular basis, just not the quantity of what you find. Lots of drunk and h*gh people tripping and falling down or digging in their pockets at night lead to a lot of coins and personal items being dropped here at the dragstrip. Great finds you have.

Cliff Reuter and paddyman98 like this.
  5. meandyou4ever0

PamR, Cheech9712 and paddyman98 like this.
  6. Michael K

A silver ring, 7 grams and a flat tire. A very nice guy helped me with the flat/spare/donut. day448.JPG Corrales.png

7. Michael K

Frozen tundra. Maybe broke even on the gas. 4 shots at a W mint mark which would have saved the hunt. DENIED! day449.JPG

PamR and paddyman98 like this.
  8. Michael K

1st hunt of the year. Dollar coin and silver. I thought the gold was real as I got a good signal and I saw a stamp, must be plated over copper. Some of my good spots were light, either because it's winter or someone beat me to it. I did see signs of digging at one spot. The silver is sterling, that's just the light. hunt1b.png day450.JPG

PamR, paddyman98, Hookman and 2 others like this.
  9. Michael K

Nothing going on so I hit some scroungy spots. I needed 1 nickel for a milestone and almost didn't get it. day451.JPG

PamR, Hookman and paddyman98 like this.
  10. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I found a nice antique rosette yesterday..
    20230211_154554(1).jpg

And all my finds for one day..
    20230212_073902(1).jpg

PamR, Gilbert, Hookman and 2 others like this.
  11. Michael K

Sweet Paddy.

paddyman98 likes this.
  12. meandyou4ever0

I really want a metal detector....one day

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  13. paddyman98

14. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

These days it's illegal to metal detect on a Civil War battlefield. Up until the 1960s it was legal.

Bruce

15. meandyou4ever0

Yes, I have recently watched

PamR and paddyman98 like this.
  16. Michael K

Small silver ring. You can see the 925 stamp at the inside top. If it doesn't look like silver it's just the lighting. I can't find a place to take photos in the new house. There's tons of light but in the old house, the photos were much better. 1953D.png day452.JPG

Randy Abercrombie and PamR like this.
  17. PamR

Paddy I think has the Garrett. Which detector do you have if you do not mind me asking. @paddyman98, what model do you have? I know you told me last year but I’m about to purchase one. Heading to Tennessee in fall.
    A lot of friends gave me permission lol. One lives in a home of an under ground kitchen is. One of the homes that was saved for the top soldiers.
    Nice finds Micheal. Paddy as well, always! Ty!

18. PamR

19. PamR

But they, especially Paddy, they are always searching and posting. Finds are great!

meandyou4ever0 likes this.
  20. Michael K

I use the low rent Bounty Hunter. The first incarnation was very heavy and after many years the "box" got fried. The second incarnation was much lighter, but they put the battery area in a bad place and the wires were constantly breaking and needed new 9V end caps. I still have that one, but I am on my 3rd model. They strengthened the end caps as I have only fixed it once.

PamR likes this.
  21. paddyman98

My detector of choice is the Minelab Vanquish440..
    I won a Garrett Apex last year in a competition which I recently started to use so I can learn it well. I'm taking it to South Carolina in a few weeks for another competition.

Cliff Reuter, PamR, Michael K and 2 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted