Metal detector finds

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Richard gladfelter, May 3, 2018.

1. Chip Kirkpatrick

Chip Kirkpatrick Well-Known Member

I do a lot of hunting and am a contributing writer for AMERICAN DIGGER MAGAZINEand I’m a 4 time winner of Vaughn Garrett’s FAVORITE FIND OF THE MONTH. Here’s one of my favorite finds, a pocket watch with emeralds marking the hours. Each of them have a thin line of gold around the stone nd the minute marks are dots of gold. A7892753-3CEF-4ECE-BA97-9C1DE573010C.jpeg B363B568-F260-4F9B-A193-57B13DC4ECBD.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cliff Reuter

Cliff Reuter Well-Known Member

Beautiful watch Chip. Congrats.

Hookman likes this.
  4. J.T. Parker

J.T. Parker Well-Known Member

Hello Jersey,
    Over a period of 10 years detecting I combined buckets of nozzle found by both me & my father. We actually had over a 130 between us.
    Regards,
    J.T.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
    Cliff Reuter likes this.
  5. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

6. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Your very sweet saying that. God bless you

7. Michael K

Cheech:
    Richard gladfelter was last seen:
    Jul 26, 2020

Cheech9712 likes this.
  8. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Oops.

Michael K likes this.
  9. Michael K

Well I had messaged him back and forth, and I expected him to pop in once in a while. He mentioned some issues to me. I expect him to view the thread or post one day in the future.

10. Michael K

This started out to be a complete disaster, and then it picked up a little. The one spot I had decided to skip, used to be really good, and I just haven't been getting anything there the last few times, I went there anyway because the hunt was so crappy, and I pulled a really nice silver earring. Then at the next stop I pulled 2 rings. Not stamped but we both think the middle one is good. I think the last one is junk but she wants to test it. 3silver.png day439.JPG

11. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

the rings are junk, you can see the base metal thru the plating.

Fun day out

12. Michael K

That's what I said, but the 2nd one I am not so sure. I got a good signal, maybe it's plated over copper giving me the good signal. Thanks. The photo here is not the same as what it looks like with the naked eye through a loupe. There's some light reflection. She wants to test them anyway and I will report the findings.

Cliff Reuter likes this.
  13. Michael K

This one was OK, dollar coin and not much gas. Had a couple of spills. The Sweden 5 kroner, 1982 is interesting. NGC says .90 in XF (I am not saying this coin is XF). Face value is .47 cents (it's slightly smaller in size and weight to a half dollar). I'd like to be able to cash it in somewhere but they get you on foreign coins they only want currency.
    HHHb.png day440.JPG

Eric the Red and paddyman98 like this.
  14. bugi1976

bugi1976 Member

15. Michael K

The sea was angry that day my friends. Like an old man trying to return soup in a deli. I thought I pulled a dollar coin, by size weight and signal, but it was a 50 play arcade token (probably worth much more). The wheatie is a 1945. 50PP.png 100_6398.JPG day441.JPG

16. Michael K

I guess it was OK considering the scrummy places I was hitting. 2 shots at a W, 0-2.
    day442.JPG

17. Michael K

2 dollar coins at the last spot. 8 shots at a W. 0-8.
    2Dc.png day443.JPG

18. Michael K

One of my last hits was a dollar coin so that was nice. 7 shots at a W I haven't checked yet.
    DC2.png day444.JPG

19. Michael K

I updated all my junk. Slide show coming. Pressers, 2 in the middle are nickels. Stainless steel and tungsten. Gold, I didn't test the chain but it says 10K. Silver coins and a buffalo. Silver chains. Silver miscellaneous. Silver rings. The big one in the middle may have a gold bezel. I didn't photo the dollar coins and the halves because it is a lot of work (I have them in order) and that always gets messy.
    Pressers 102422.JPG SS and Tungsten 102422.png gold102224.JPG AGCoins 102422.png AG chains 102422.JPG AGmisc102422.JPG AGrings102422.JPG

BasSWarwick, PamR and masterswimmer like this.
  20. Michael K

Better than last week, but not great. Last week below this week.
    day446.JPG day445.JPG

21. PamR

PamR You Never Know! Supporter

WOW! Pretty! There is a huge area that just demolished old stores etc to build a supermarket I believe. I wanted so badly to go in there. Off limits. There is a man that goes to the high schools every evening. He must find things because he is always out there.

Draft saved Draft deleted