Metal detector find

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Todd walker, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Todd walker

Todd walker Member

Hi my friends at CT, it's great to be with you today and everyday. I come across another presidential coin or token while Metal detecting. Can some of you knowledgable friends give me some info and your thoughts on this one please. Thank you all for being so kind and having patients with me. 20191017_224955.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. eric6794

eric6794 Well-Known Member

PlanoSteve likes this.
  4. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

Awesome find & I think @eric6794 nailed it with his find on ebay. There are similar tokens but the obverse looks like an exact match. What does your reverse look like?

Also, what were the circumstances of your MD find? type of location, etc.?

5. David Eugene Swiger

David Eugene Swiger Active Member

Wow, now that is truly a cool find. Thanks for the share.

6. Rich Buck

Rich Buck Yukon Cornelius

Great find. Like to see the reverse.

7. Todd walker

Todd walker Member

I like to go to remote forest settings and known battlesites to. The reverse has writing consisting of his achievements. I will post some pics soon. Thank you so much. I dont have anything on Ebay though.

8. Todd walker

Todd walker Member

Thank you for your time also.

David Eugene Swiger likes this.
  9. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

That's a token from the Shell Oil "Presidential" series, circa late 1950s. They were gas station promos, I believe. And I think there was a card which people could put all the tokens in, though I haven't seen one.

I've dug four different presidents from this series over the years, while detecting. Fun finds.

Interestingly, Washington was the first one I found. Like yours, some of the ones I dug came out of the ground in pretty nice condition.

Draft saved Draft deleted