Metal Detecting

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by -Andy-, Oct 27, 2016.

1. -Andy-

-Andy- Andrew B. -Andy- YN

Me and my brother just got back from a local park. First my brother got his (Our) first silver coin, a 1951 D dime in almost perfect condition. basically in the same hole were also 1946 nickel and 1952 nickel. NICE!!!!!!!! We were so excited that were were running around yelling and screaming, (well, not very loud of course)
    As for "Diggers Jr." our YouTube show we are going to start filming soon. Hopefully I can get something out of our silver dime for the video.

JPeace$, Mad Stax and Kentucky like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Smojo

Smojo dreamliner

Hmm, I think I'll see if I can find any old Mr. Rogers on T.V Land

4. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

I would like to metal detect on my family's old property in Kentucky, there is a stash of jars of gold coins on a plot of land which I believe now is a camping ground or a camping site. LOL, if Hugh finances the Expedition I will split it half th findings with him, LOL. one can only dream. I'm kidding Hugh, but my grandfather found one of the jars of gold coinsin 1937 on the same plot of land

5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Nice.
    This is what in Metal Detecting Lingo is called a Coin Spill. When you find 2 or more coins in the same spot that means that somebody one day was laying there and the coins fell out of their pocket. This person according to the years you stated lost their coins sometime after 1953 :wideyed:

6. TommyP

TommyP BS detector

Love metal detecting. Never find diddly though. I did find a colonial or English half cent once that turned out to be counterfeit! That's my luck! Apparently, they used to counterfeit half cents in the early 1800's.

Draft saved Draft deleted