Metal Detecting - 3 US Silver & Lone Ranger Pin

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by paddyman98, May 18, 2021.

1. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

That's not you in front, you don't wear no stinking dress, or do you, only Moses knows. Great find PM. I'm being rude because I'm jealous...

paddyman98 and Eric the Red like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Fantastic finds Paddy! Especially the Lone Ranger pin.

Last edited: May 18, 2021
    paddyman98 and Eric the Red like this.
  4. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

I was going to complain that it isn't a photograph, but remembered how old you are. LOL

Hookman, CoinJockey73, GH#75 and 2 others like this.
  5. Fenian

Fenian New Member

I like the Lone Ranger pin. It's silver color-washed, enameled brass, not silver. Silvercup Bread started sponsoring the radio program in 1933, and this pin was distributed starting in 1934. Bond Bread took over as sponsor in 1939. There was also a Silvercup "Chief Scout" pin that looked more like a police badge.

6. capthank

capthank Well-Known Member

Thanks for clarification.

7. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

Next time there's a t.p. shortage, i know who I'm hitting up, lol.

Eric the Red and paddyman98 like this.
  8. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Found silver and found the lord same day. Priceless

Eric the Red, paddyman98 and capthank like this.
  9. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

There are professionals that can restore the Lone Ranger Pin to make it look brand new and no one can ever tell it was a foot under ground for X many years. There are also collectors that would pay top dollar for the pin. Now, the pin that I would like is the Howdy Doodie Pin, or even a Clarabell's horn. Clarabell did not speak, so he used a horn to tell people that he has something to say. Let me know if you do find anything Howdy Doodie. When I was six, I was staying at my grandparents home. I had to go to the John, but the only one was in the back yard. When I came out of it, I was bitten by a German Shepherd. The owner took the dog off to hide it. The Rabies test back then had to kill the animal to see if they had rabies. Since the dog could not be found, I was put in the hospital and had to get 21 rabies shots in the stomach. My Mom got me a set of Howdy Doodie pajamas that had his picture on the pocket of the shirt. I wore those pajamas until I wore them out. I cried until my mother would transfer the pocket with Howdy Doodie's picture on the pocket to my new PJ's. I didn't get rabies, but I kept that pocket for 50 years in my journal. So, like I said, if you find anything Howdie Doodie, I will pay top dollar for whatever you find. Good luck and happy hunting.

10. Sidney Osborne

Sidney Osborne Well-Known Member

The guy with walking stick carries the clay tablets with a record of his stops and loot...

Draft saved Draft deleted