Mercury dime

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Mrmarcus, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Mrmarcus

Mrmarcus New Member

Any info and is it of any value??

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Well... Two answers really. It’s a low grade coin so maybe four or five bucks on a really good day. But... You didn’t show the reverse of the coin. There may be a mintmark located on the bottom left just to the right of the word “one”.... If there is a “D” or “S” mintmark there, that makes it a much rarer and more desirable dime. Still not a great deal of value in the grade it is in. But if you find a mintmark on the back, you do have a better dime there.

4. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

For future reference, pictures of both sides of the coin are preferred. That being said, your dime is in not great shape. I wouldn't pay more than $4 regardless of whether it is a Philly, Denver, or San Fran mint. Honestly though, I wouldn't probably pay much more if any, than melt for your coin, or $1.90 at today's melt value.

5. frankjg

frankjg Well-Known Member

I love how you have your hands all over it. Fantastic.

6. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

For a coin like this in it's condition it is not worth more then melt value and can commonly be found in junk bins for at or around spot.

7. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Uh...try $1.19...are you paying $1.90??!!

8. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Yes todays melt value is a little over a dollar.
    This coin is $2 tops because of condition, however the mint marked 1919's
    can go for more, so need a photo of the reverse. And, I believe there was a recent
    DD discovery on the 1919.

9. AnonymousCoinCollector

AnonymousCoinCollector Reintroduce silver coins to circulation!

As mentioned, if you have a coin you're unsure about or think may be valuable never ever hold it like that or put your fingerprints on it, you will likely ruin much of its value.

In this particular case it won't affect this coins value because it is so worn.

10. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I've had a few beers. I don't math good when that happens :p

Kentucky and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  11. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Been there...done that...

Draft saved Draft deleted