Mercury Dime in the Coinstar!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by SorenCoins, Aug 9, 2022.

1. SorenCoins

SorenCoins Well-Known Member

I am really lucky to have parents who will check the Coinstar reject tray every time they go to the store. The other day my father brought home a huge haul, including a silver mercury dime! Now, both my mom and dad have found silver in a Coinstar! My mom found a 1964-D silver quarter back in 2019. I have yet to find silver myself, haha.

IMG_9168.jpg

Here are the good finds!
    - 2010 Indonesia 1000 Rupiah
    - 1931 Iceland 10 Aurar
    - 1950-F Germany 5 Pfennig
    - "My Lucky Penny" elongated cent (Very lucky indeed!)
    - 1944 Mercury Dime

IMG_9169.jpg
    IMG_9171.jpg IMG_9177.jpg IMG_9173.jpg IMG_9175.jpg IMG_9174.jpg IMG_9176.jpg

I hope you all can have some luck and find some cool old foreign coins and some silver in a Coinstar soon! Keep on searching!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Rheingold

Rheingold Well-Known Member

Cool finds, congrats. :)

4. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Nice haul. I have 3 or 4 Mercs from there. But the treasures are drying up on my side. Glad someone is still pulling stuff. (Got a silver quarter recently, but there has been a monster drought before that.) Check the mint mark on that quarter for a W.

5. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Nice haul. Never ceases to amaze me that people use a coin star and forget to check the reject tray.

7. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

8. cwart

cwart Senior Member Supporter

Been luck enough to find two mercs from coin star reject slots (at different times). Strangely both were 1937 Denvers.

9. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Was that all from one haul, or did your parents save them up and then gave them to you? That is some collection.

Draft saved Draft deleted