Meow finds undocumented doubled die quarter.

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by MeowtheKitty, Feb 4, 2020.

1. MeowtheKitty

MeowtheKitty Well-Known Member

Hello all. Meow has not found anything of note for quite a while CRH. No new W quarters found recently either. But Meow did the other day found what Meow thinks is a undocumented Double die quarter. There seems to be doubling of the hair behind the ear of Washington. The quarter is a 2017 D Iowa ATB. When Meow looked at Wexlers for a possible match, Meow saw that they have listed the 2015d and 2018d Double die pennies that Meow found in the past that was seen with a lot of skepticism by others here. Just shows that Cats can find some neat stuff at times. Meow has found two 2015ds, and three 2018ds. The 2018ds are very plentiful in circulation where Meow lives, and Meow has looked at thousands of examples including OBW rolls of them and was only able to find the three. So those are not easy to find. Anyway, here are pics of the ATB quarter.
    WIN_20200203_19_20_22_Pro.jpg WIN_20200203_19_20_20_Pro.jpg WIN_20200203_19_19_34_Pro.jpg WIN_20200203_19_19_08_Pro.jpg WIN_20200203_19_18_51_Pro.jpg WIN_20200203_19_18_29_Pro.jpg WIN_20200203_19_18_14_Pro.jpg WIN_20200203_19_17_44_Pro.jpg WIN_20200203_19_17_39_Pro.jpg WIN_20200203_19_17_33_Pro.jpg

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
    Hookman likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

WoW Meow, you're almost famous. Did they mention you by name "MeowtheKitty"?
    I think that's really cool.

4. MeowtheKitty

Oh no you misunderstood. Meow did find It first (The pennies)(Meow thinks) But Meow is not really up for things like sending things in for grading or attributions. As Meow is not really does not care for the valuation of things. (Just hoarding). But Meow did think of it, but said nah, its not that important to this feline. So Meow has found this, and several Blue Ridge Parkway Ds (Only Ps mints have) and a few others that where not attributed too. But of course if Meow did send it in, it would say "Submitted by MeowtheKitty" of course.

Maybe this is the only way Meow can get famous in a moderate way. Meow really wanted to be a Cat Comedian doing Cat comedy.

A small taste of that lameness. "So anyway, Meow is offended that Cats cannot be registered service as Cats. As the best Cats can be is be classified as a comfort animal. Well that is discrimination! Why are there no K10 police Cats? (K10 as Cats are better than K9 dogs) No bomb detection Cats? Etc? How about border patrol Cats? All that needs to be done, is that to station a Cat at every immigration line, and put up a sign that says "Border patrol Cats are trained to scratch out the eyes of individuals that carry contraband," And as people pass, and they flinch when the Cat licks its paws. You know you just caught a smuggler. Job done. One day Meow hopes this Cat discrimination ends and we can be counted as equal or even better than dogs. Meow to all and goodnight. And please don't forget to tip your servers."

5. Hookman

Yes, I did misunderstand. I thought it was actually your coins.

" But Hey, How about that Meow the Kitty? Isn't he the 'Cat's Meow'?
    You know he just ran down from Philly.
    Man, are his paws tired.
    Meow tried to enter the Kentucky Derby, but instead,
    he got scratched.
    Meow got a job last week, but he had to quit because he couldn't save any money. They paid him with mice.
    Meow went to work for the Police Department but that didn't last long.
    When the Chief told him he needed to make a collar, Meow said "Here" and gave the Chief his.
    They transferred Meow to the Vice Squad but that didn't work out either.
    They caught Meow in his squad car, snorting Catnip.
    Meow went to work on a farm, but the farmer had to let him go.
    Meow wouldn't leave the milk cows alone.
    Meow tried the Security Guard business. His boss searched for him at the bank he was supposed to be guarding, but he found him taking a cat-nap.

Thank you Ladies and Gentlemen. That's all for now. Be sure to catch Meow the Kitty next week at the Feline Playhouse where he will be starring in his own adaptation of 'Puss n' Boots' "

MeowtheKitty and -jeffB like this.
  6. MeowtheKitty

Ahhhh, Meow has found a writer for Meow's comedic monologue!

Hookman likes this.
  7. MeowtheKitty

Yea, so Meow found a few 2018d pennies with the doubled die ear. Meow showed them here and got nothing but skepticism. Then a few months later another poster said he sent in the same thing, and it was accepted as a new double die listing. So, looks like Meow found another doubled die with the ATB quarter.

Hookman likes this.
  8. Hookman

Yeah, and I work for 'peanuts'.

9. MeowtheKitty

So in reality, Meow did blow a chance to see Meow's name go up in numismatic history. But if of that was all that important to Meow, Meow would send this quarter in. But hmmmmm, no. Meow will just stick to the hoarding.

Hookman likes this.
  10. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

If it's any consolation, there are a number of us here that have discovery coins waiting for attributions. I gave up on that process a while back as I am also content to attribute after-the-fact. I'm confident in myself to know what I have...or don't...so it get's filed just the same as my attributed coins.

Hookman and MeowtheKitty like this.
  11. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

I used to have a GlucoCat... she would wake me when my sugars went low.

ONE time, I thought she was wrong and faked eating a cracker and she never trusted me again. I had to get up, get a cracker, eat is she could hear me crunch on it and only then could I go back to bed.

So if Meow thinks it should be famous, then put out the paw and grab fame.

MeowtheKitty and Hookman like this.
  12. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

I think some members here just look too hard for little things. As I've posted before; if I can't see it with my naked eye, or maybe a low power magnifier, it ain't worth worrying about, but that's just me. Good luck Meow.

MeowtheKitty, Hookman and Kevin Mader like this.
  13. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

I'm a reformed minor variety hunter; I still look for more varieties than most folks, but some are of the nuisance variety (pardon the pun). But I respect that folks enjoy that hunt to (I know you do too), so I generally hold back on comments that might discourage. Some hunt for chips...some for cracks...and some for minor varieties. It costs me nothing to be supportive of their endeavor aside from a moment or two which I surely can spare.

Hookman likes this.
  14. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

The glucocats react to the acetone content in your breath. I have wondered what they would do if one was using acetone on their coins. IMO, Jim

Hookman likes this.
  15. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

Prob. But she was totally self taught. I miss the silly thing now that she has crossed the rainbow bridge.

16. MeowtheKitty

So anyway, what do you guys think of the quarter Meow found? To Meow it is an obvious doubling of the hair behind Washington's ear.

17. Hookman

I would have to find one of that quarter, study it, and then compare it to the one you found, which, as of now, I have not done.

Draft saved Draft deleted