Memorial Cent CAMs and WAMs

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Lon Chaney, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Is anybody still looking for these? I remember a few years ago (maybe shortly after they were discovered?) there were a lot of people searching for them. Myself, I think I found 1, a 98? But I have no interest in varieties so I don't find it a valuable use of my time.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I look for them. They are easy to flip through when I sort a box. I have 55x 98's, 1x 99, and I think 65x 00's.

Charles1997 likes this.
  4. Lon Chaney

It's true, you don't really need a loupe. That's a crazy amount though right? Or are they more common than once thought?

5. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I've searched A TON of cents :p
    I think I'm creeping up on $20k searched at this point.

6. eric6794

eric6794 Well-Known Member

I've currently given up on roll searching cause I can't get lmc's through any banks close to me but I have searched for them in past. I just wonder if they are going to be a fad though or will they be in demand 20 years from now. I have 3 99's that I'm undecided if I should try and sell now and get what I can get or hang onto them in hopes that in future value will go up.

7. Lon Chaney

I'd say dump them now. Just based on the lack of talk.
    But... maybe I'm wrong.

8. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

I have looked thru a lot of cents since 2010 not as many as furryfrogg02 I have still yet to find one. I do have a 92 that is close but probably has a case of die deterioration doubling. They are hard to find today. I would say some would have to change hands to keep them alive.

9. eric6794

I'll probably keep 1 and sell the other 2 knowing my luck they will skyrocket in value and ill kick myself in the butt.

10. eric6794

May I see your cam, its my personal holy grail of varieties

11. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

@eric6794 I am pretty sure that the last time I looked at it. I gave it the ddd. I am not exactly sure where it is. I will look.

12. eric6794

ok cool, I miss read what you said I thought you said you had one. I've found a couple myself that I thought was 92 cam but they were due to circulation and die deterioration also. I WILL one day find one :D

Draft saved Draft deleted