Melbourne Coin Show Today & Neat Coin

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Publius2, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Publius2

Publius2 Well-Known Member

I went to the local coin club monthly show in Melbourne, Florida today. Very busy. About 40 dealers and the floor was packed with people, could hardly move. Brisk business going on and more than one dealer told me he has no inventory and could sell anything good he had.

Was at one dealer's table where an older gentleman was showing a 1877 IHC VG-10, ANACS small white holder. Dealer, owner and I had a nice conversation about grade of the coin if it was sent in for re-holdering to NGC. I thought it would easily reholder at 10 and might go to 12. Clean coin. I even asked him if he was interested in selling it to me but he declined. Note, I did not undercut the dealer who was not trying to buy the coin nor was the owner trying to sell it. I am very sensitive to interfering in that kind of thing.

Anyway, I didn't buy anything at the show but the highlight was a 1907 Quarter Eagle, slabbed by NGC at PR-68* Cameo. It was in a special holder signed by Miles Standish who the dealer told me is president of NGC and who changed his first name to match his ancestor, yes, that Miles Standish. I can't attest to the truth of any of that, it's just what he told me. But the coin itself was, as the Brits say, "absolutely fabulous"!

potty dollar 1878 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

4. Publius2

Publius2 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the correction. There is so much incorrect "stuff" out there so thanks for helping me to not perpetuate more of it.

Draft saved Draft deleted