Meanwhile in Canada...

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by John Anthony, May 23, 2014.

1. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Early retirement, here I come!

John Anthony likes this.
  4. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Well-Known Member

I did a similar thing when I lived in Australia 14 years ago as they got rid of the Cent & Two Cent coins and I broke about even on cash transactions.
    Note rounding only applies to cash sales. When you use a debit or credit card, the transaction is electronic and allows the processing of payments such as $9.99 so there is no need for the amount to be rounded up.

5. rickmp

It's sad that many can't understand that rounding does not effect the shelf price of an item.
    They also don't understand that rounding only applies to the total of all items purchased in a single transaction when paid in cash, but not when paid with any other form of payment.

6. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Lots of things about the average American saddens me. On the list, this might be #129. Number one might be why anyone cares about Kim Kardashian and her entire skanky family.

7. vlaha

vlaha Respect. The. Hat.

Eh? American?o_O

8. I think it has something to do with her badonkadonk. :rolleyes:

9. rickmp

I don't know about anyone else, but I've never seen one that big. Gotta be implants. Not attractive at all.

spirityoda likes this.
  10. John Anthony

Agreed. The inflated balloon look is grotesque. Some male body builders suffer from the same delusion.

11. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

most "Americans" can NOT stand Kim Kardashian or her family. I myself do not think she is pretty at all. that family is only rich because of their late/dead fathers success as a lawyer. without Daddy's money the rest of the family would be broke. the mother and girls do not have real jobs. :hilarious:

Last edited: May 23, 2014
  12. rickmp

Reality shows: so that people with no talent can get on TV, too.
    It's like giving out certificates of participation instead of championship ribbons and not keeping score in youth soccer games. There are no losers anymore.

13. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

reality shows suck. people without a life live thru these fake people. It's a mystery to me how that kardashian show lasted this long. :vomit:

14. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

:( Sorry for derailing yoru thread John. Who would have thought I would ever derail anything with a reference to this trailer trash family short of their trailers.

scottishmoney likes this.
  15. John Anthony

It was the average American thing to do. :p

16. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

I'm not sure which I wish was less true . . . that America really loves watching Kim Kardashian that much, or that America is just too lazy to reach for the remote when her mug shows up on the screen.

17. coingeek12

coingeek12 Well-Known Member

18. rickmp

Two words: Honey Boo-Boo!

19. John Anthony

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

20. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

And this is why it isn't possible to "adjust your prices so you will always come out ahead on the rounding". Yes you can adjust them so you always come out ahead IF they only buy one item at a time. But if they buy multiple item there is no way you can plan out things so no matter what or how many items they pick, you will always come out ahead.

Frankly I'm surprised the guy in the articale came out that far ahead. (Hey isn't the normal argument that everything will go up and inflation will cause everyone to be a loser?)

NO! NO! NO! NO!

Draft saved Draft deleted