Mea Maxima Culpa/Myopia

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Lembeck13, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Lembeck13

Lembeck13 Active Member

The first of four PCGS-graded packages arrived today. This being my first TPG experience, I fully expected a congratulatory fly-over to acknowledge my keen eye. The results, however, were a bit - ahem! - "humbling" (not to mention expensive). Rather than retreat in shame with my loupe and pride between my legs, I thought it might benefit all to post the actual results against the descriptors (with their describers) that drove me to make these ill-fated purchases. While I fully realize that all grading is in the eye of buyer and seller - and not wishing to inflict litigation on CoinTalk - I would like to take this awkward opportunity/drubbing to inject a little painful reality for my fellow numismatic peeps. So, what say you? Merciless PCGS graders and I are standing by...

ksparrow and Kentucky like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

From your pictures, you got robbed...wait a minute, where are the pictures...

Stevearino likes this.
  4. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Gonna need to see some pictures to give you an opinion.....

In the meantime, I suggest routine flagellation, roughsack and ashes, and a traversal of the pilgrim's steps on your knees.

Kentucky likes this.
  5. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

At least give us a list of the coins and the grades they received. This thread is a total tease!

Kentucky likes this.
  6. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

"Mea maxima culpa"? Non omne quod nitet aurum est...

Stevearino likes this.
  7. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

so, what did you expect?

and what did you get?

8. Voulgaroktonou

Voulgaroktonou Well-Known Member

Bene scripsisti!

manny9655 likes this.
  9. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

With your handle, you must be Greek. So am I. But I also took Latin in school...

10. Millard

Millard Coindog

from what I see in the pictures I'd say the grading was spot on! oh wait...there aren't any pictures.....never mind.

11. TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793 Just a random guy on the internet

If you can prove that the sellers graded the coins as you said they did, and you don’t go around calling them idiotic scammers, then you shouldn’t have any fear of litigation. Truth is a defense. Falsehoods get you sued. Opinions are just opinions. Factual statements disguised as opinions are treated as factual statements and are suable.

Also, CoinTalk is a forum and is not responsible for what its members post. The members who made The libelous posts are the ones liable

12. Voulgaroktonou

Voulgaroktonou Well-Known Member

No. Only a philhellene. But I majored in Latin and ancient Greek as an undergrad and graduate student, and I work in a research library devoted to ancient Greece, Rome, and Byzantium, as well as modern Greece.

manny9655 likes this.
  13. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

So you mainly collect ancient coins and now submitted US coins for the first time? If so, I am not surprised that the results were not as expected ;-) why not post some pictures or links to the cert lookup?

Draft saved Draft deleted