MCM vs. Apmex

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by tommyc03, Mar 2, 2015.

1. redcent230

redcent230 Well-Known Member

To me they both are good. Never had a problem with them. Have orders for both companies and they are secure in shipping.

tommyc03 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. OldGoldGuy

OldGoldGuy Members Only Jacket

What is the John Maben incident? I know John, have met him in person. Done business with him (ie, sold him products) but I do not buy from him or his site. Just curious what you mean by "the incident".

4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Read my first post on page 1 of this thread.

Chris

5. OldGoldGuy

I did. What was the outcome of the "incident?"

6. cpm9ball

I can't even remember. The point was that I gained a lot of respect for John after that.

Chris

OldGoldGuy and tommyc03 like this.
  7. OldGoldGuy

I just re-read my own comment and my wording sounds like I don't buy from him/MCM for a negative reason, which is 100% not the case. I don't know why it came out that way. What I should have clarified was that I sold non-coin/bullion products to him, and in business, I usually do not buy from someone/place that I did business with the opposite way. I have purchased 2 coins from MCM but this was prior to other business. And I will second (third? fourth? hundreth?) the opinion that MCM and Maben himself are quality. MCM sells it's niche of product at an extremely competitive price. I just don't really collect Moderns. Sorry for my lack of literary and writing skill. Always was a math guy.

Sidenote - Curious if there are any other forum members who took DifEq in college, or higher? Or any math majors? Mu Alpha Theta'ians?

8. cpm9ball

I didn't take your comment the wrong way, though there might be a few here who would.

FWIW, my grandmother got me hooked on crossword puzzles when I was 5, and I could beat the cashier at the grocery store with the correct total (including tax) before I was 10, but pool was the thing that made me the most money.

Chris:woot::woot::woot:

Draft saved Draft deleted